Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon 6.7.195 Driver Release

Phoronix: ATI Radeon 6.7.195 Driver Release

Alex Deucher has pushed out another release candidate for the xf86-video-ati driver designed for the pre-R500 ATI Radeon GPUs (not to be confused with RadeonHD). In total there are 29 changes for the xf86-video-ati 6.7.195 release candidate -- 19 of them are targeted for the Radeon driver, 9 for the Mach64, and one being for the rc410.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

they are tagging new releases like crazy these days. i bet 6.7 is just around the corner.

Comment

The latest radeon drivers have been giving me garbled displays after the display is turned off with the lid switch or if it goes into hibernate/sleep.

Basically the screen looks as if every 2-3 vertical lines of pixels are swapped with the next line giving some wacky effect.
      Last edited by rob2687; 08 October 2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Radeon 6.7.195

I tried to run xvidtune but it can't apply any setting. Modeline in xorg.conf doesn't work.

However i.e. xmame and opengl are much better than 6.7.192. I get 53/53 fps with 6.7.195 and 36/53 with 6.7.192!
        Last edited by kir?; 09 October 2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X