This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
    AMD doesn't release on Saturdays and don't expect them to start doing so now. You can go back to past threads and Phoronix articles to see the most popular days.
    Wednesday!

Comment

• I am upset at some things:

- The filosophy "It will be out soon" or "will come when it comes" is not proffesional, means nothing.
      - This attitude is valid for the open source, when people are working for personal interest but not for the second manufacturer worldwide.
      Curiously, we have schedules for the development of opensource code but not the propietary. This is the world upside down. ?Is a "timeline/schedule" an industrial secret?
      - I paid about 115? (no tax included) one month ago for a ATI graphics card. It works worse than my Nvidia with 1.5 years old and which cost about 50?.
      - Is too difficult to give us information are needed to avoid such speculation?
      - ATI made public part of its specifications and is unable to give a date for a driver. This is not a joke.

I am very disappointed and somewhat deluded. I expected a more professional attitude by ATI.

Regards from Spain.

(*) Sorry, I'm not speak English very well.

Comment

• I would like to know if it would be allowed to add 2.6.23 support to the package and host it somewhere?

Comment

• - ATI made public part of its specifications and is unable to give a date for a driver.
          We need to decrypt "THE DATE" from specifications datasheets )))

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
            I would like to know if it would be allowed to add 2.6.23 support to the package and host it somewhere?
            Last I knew, that wouldn't be permitted of redistributing a modified ATI package. I know on the Windows side both NVIDIA and ATI have tracked down a few that did that to add tweaks. But at the same time making it a Deb or RPM is legal. You could also just make a script using custom-package and then doing it the distribution-specific way. Or just a script to extract the driver and do it locally.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
              LOL. I thought of bringing flowers and congratulations (it is not our baby, after all).

You sound more like a daemon that is eager to steal the first-born child.
              Or perhaps I'm the doctor.....

Comment

Last I knew, that wouldn't be permitted of redistributing a modified ATI package. I know on the Windows side both NVIDIA and ATI have tracked down a few that did that to add tweaks. But at the same time making it a Deb or RPM is legal. You could also just make a script using custom-package and then doing it the distribution-specific way. Or just a script to extract the driver and do it locally.
                Some months ago, nVidia got angry and forced a site to remove modified drivers. ATI told this site that they appreciate their work and that ATI has no problems with modified drivers. That's for the Windows driver, but I don't think they will make Kano a poor man because he added Kernel 2.6.23 Suport.

Comment

• NGOHQ I imagine is the same site you're talking about?
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

AMD doesn't release on Saturdays and don't expect them to start doing so now. You can go back to past threads and Phoronix articles to see the most popular days.
                    The most popular day is tuesday.834342345 .

So you're telling us it should be here wednesday .

Comment

• Originally posted by robin1979 View Post
                      The most popular day is tuesday.834342345 .

So you're telling us it should be here wednesday .
                      So if you guys are saying Wednesday, theres still two of them left in the month, the 24th, and the 31st. Which means that it could mean that it doesn't come out this Wednesday, but the next one.

Comment

Working...
                      X