Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't need AIGLX. I NEED A PERFORMANCE BOOST. So give me, and if someone else wants it too, the driver ;(

Comment

• Well, would be nice if it came out this evening (CEST here )

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxNewb_22 View Post
        d2kx is right, Compiz does only work with XGL using 8.40.4. But it does work quite well!

I tried posting a link to instructions a little while ago but I guess it's in the moderator's queue since I've just joined as a member.

Anyway, go to: ubuntuforums[dot]org[forwardslash]showpost[dot]php[question mark]p[equals]3571972[and symbol]postcount[equals]20

... or if you'd like to search for it, search for "Problem with ATI 1650" on ubuntuforums[dot]org and go to post #20.
        Wow, a clear answer without some Exacto blade interpretation. Is this a Linux forum?!?

Thank you.

Comment

• Stupid question: if this is such a major update, why isn't it version 9.0, or at least 8.5?

Anyway, I am waiting for 8.42 before uprading to Gutsy Gibbon. I guess I'm expecting an afternoon of playing with X.org configs and fiddling with bug workarounds... hope I'm wrong this time
          Last edited by carpex; 22 October 2007, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• I hope the 8.42 is coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by carpex View Post
              Stupid question: if this is such a major update, why isn't it version 9.0, or at least 8.5?

Anyway, I am waiting for 8.42 before uprading to Gutsy Gibbon. I guess I'm expecting an afternoon of playing with X.org configs and fiddling with bug workarounds... hope I'm wrong this time
              Haha, same here. Waiting for 8.42 before upgrading to gutsy (and installing it on my other computer), though I haven't had to fiddle with bug workarounds much xD

Comment

• I was thinking about the same thing

but I couldn't wait for that long so I upgraded to Gutsy 2 days ago... first it was a failure to upgrade from Feisty, XGL was broken. So I freshly installed Gutsy again. Now compiz and XGL works right out of the box! (well...after enabling restricted driver and manually installed xserver-xgl package)

Since I'm not hoping to play a lot of games under Linux as there are not many titles, I will live with the repository version of fglrx for now

Comment

• 8.42!!! Where Are You!?

Comment

• Looks like we are flooding the forum but I still want to answer your question....

8.42 will be done when its done

Comment

• The week of four Thursday. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X