This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danyul View Post
    No doubt, if he's half as twisted as me he would be sitting there spinning the compiz cube just laughing at us all and just be waiting for the next time he could say "sorry, can't say due to NDA".

But maybe that's just me...
    That made me laugn At the time 8.42 gets released, he for sure has Compiz disabled because it has got too boring :P

Me, personally, I am looking forward to KDE4 + KWin 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      That made me laugn At the time 8.42 gets released, he for sure has Compiz disabled because it has got too boring :P

Me, personally, I am looking forward to KDE4 + KWin 4.

Compiz works with 8.40.4? Does anyone have a link for Ubuntu instructions on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by redboar View Post
        Compiz works with 8.40.4? Does anyone have a link for Ubuntu instructions on that?
        I installed Compiz on Feisty on a machine with a Sapphire Radeon X1650PRO graphics card using 8.40.4. I posted instructions on what I did here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=20

Comment

I really hope you are joking...

Comment

• I've never said Compiz works with fglrx 8.40.4 (it only works with crappy XGL).

Comment

d2kx is right, Compiz does only work with XGL using 8.40.4. But it does work quite well!

I tried posting a link to instructions a little while ago but I guess it's in the moderator's queue since I've just joined as a member.

Anyway, go to: ubuntuforums[dot]org[forwardslash]showpost[dot]php[question mark]p[equals]3571972[and symbol]postcount[equals]20

... or if you'd like to search for it, search for "Problem with ATI 1650" on ubuntuforums[dot]org and go to post #20.

Comment

• Nickname...

8.42 - Halloween Edition... Fear MWAAHAHAHA!

Michael, you have the 8.42. It's AIGLX working for you? Or you can answer but then kill me?

Comment

• Anyway, I think it is coming out in the end of the day...

If not, that won't change my life a lot. I have so many things to do recently that a simple rearrange of plans is not that painful.

Comment

• ATI/AMD must be laughing their asses off watching us all squirm waiting for this driver.

Comment

• They need to put us out of our misery.... Literally

Comment

Working...
                      X