• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomorrow afternoon? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
      i know the facts about performance in x200m;

in few hours we'll see if wait was worth.

Performance boost in 8.41 was terrific for the x200M, i can't wait for the stability, and extra goodies of 8.42

Comment

• Originally posted by toxigenicpoem View Post
        Performance boost in 8.41 was terrific for the x200M, i can't wait for the stability, and extra goodies of 8.42
        That's good to hear. I wonder what it'll do for my x1400 and x1800 respectively.

Comment

• I wonder if ATI will "fix" the Catalyst Control Center to be compatible with X.Org distros that use XCB:
          Code:
          amdcccle: xcb_xlib.c:52: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
          Aborted
          There is a work-around for this (an environment variable), that supposedly works for other apps that have locking problems:
          Code:
          export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=1
          It doesn't work for me, although I wonder if it works for anyone else.

Comment

• what I expect from 8.42 is:

- a slighly better performance than 8.41 (some more FPS).
            -AIGLX support.
            -stability.

is that impossible??

optionally (i think this will not be included in this release):
            -latest xorg support.
            -latest kerrnel support.
            -multiple screens support.
            -a working control center.
            when i said few hours, i was talking of 40 hours approx (maybe less).

sorry my english...

Comment

• Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
              what I expect from 8.42 is:

- a slighly better performance than 8.41 (some more FPS).
              -AIGLX support.
              -stability.

is that impossible??

optionally (i think this will not be included in this release):
              -latest xorg support.
              -latest kerrnel support.
              -multiple screens support.
              -a working control center.
              when i said few hours, i was talking of 40 hours approx (maybe less).

sorry my english...
              It might be impossible At least for this upcoming release anyways. If they're really getting their stuff in gear, we'll see results, but we won't see 100% uberness and stability right away.

You know what they say, 'better late than never'

Comment

• I think the driver will be released between 8pm and 11pm UTC+2

And I hope that the performance will be improved improved improved. The ETQW demo is not playable where the Windows demo is running with high settings on my x850xt.

And I also hope that GoogleEarth is running too, again.

Comment

• Performance boost in 8.41 was terrific for the x200M, i can't wait for the stability, and extra goodies of 8.42
                  yeah, just on 32bit distros. on 64bit you cannot even compile it unless you have gcc 3 installed (which is pretty impossibile).

-latest xorg support.
                  -latest kerrnel support.
                  ahahah... dream on little boy... the latest kernel was released after the feature add of this release was finished. the only thing that you could hope is xorg7.3 and xorg-server 1.4 support which were released about a week before of the latest kernel and if i'm correct that was still during the feature add phase.
                  but for this assertion to be right we need someone to confirm it. unfortunately all devs have ndas with amd/ati and it's quite probable that we'll have to wait for the driver to be released to have such info from them.
                  anyway, i just have to say that in the last period the driver had quite some progress. and with the oss radeonhd project things seem to go for a better support.

Comment

• You can not compile on 64 bit? Thats wrong, tested it always with current 64 bit live cds and it always worked. Maybe your kernel was compiled with gcc-3.3, then you need it for the kernel module too. Check:

cat /proc/version

The same compiler should be used for additional kernel modules. If your kernel was compiled with an old compiler then recompile it or install old compiler!

Comment

• You can not compile on 64 bit? Thats wrong, tested it always with current 64 bit live cds and it always worked. Maybe your kernel was compiled with gcc-3.3, then you need it for the kernel module too. Check:

cat /proc/version

The same compiler should be used for additional kernel modules. If your kernel was compiled with an old compiler then recompile it or install old compiler!
                      nope. i cannot install 8.41.7 on amd64 arch with gentoo and gcc4.1.2 installed. the kernel is new and compiled with 4.1.2 and i don't even have gcc3 installed if not for the libstdc++-3 which is a runtime dependency for the driver. i always get a libstdc++ error. it's a very annoying issue!!!! now i'm currently going with oss drivers aiglx but no compiz/beryl since it doesn't work well with x200m and the textures are pretty bad sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X