Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm the patches are for the kernel or the driver? I'm using gentoo, so I guess they will include the patches too.
    wait for the driver to hit portage (i think at the end of the current day of release or at most the end of the day after the release) or sabayon. remember just one thing: try not syncing more than once a day. i'll suggest that you take a look at the forums and see it it hits the repo. or try watching the websvn of sabayon and see if it hits sabayon first. to use sabayon as a source for ebuilds look around the forums on how to add it as an overlay. of my experience latest ati-drivers have hit sabayon first and worked without flaws on my board, which is a nasty one.
    i don't know of problems with 2.6.23 and 64bits, but i'll let you know when i try it out. i had problems with 64bits and 8.41 not compiling and with 8.40 compiling with sandbox problems (there is a way to correct it if you look in the forums) but i didn't yet tried 8.42 since it's not out. i'll let you know better if there are problems when i try it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
      if i could change my videocard i would did it a long time ago, but unfortunately it is in a laptop.
      Enz, what type of laptop do you have? Because I know with mine (a modified dell 6400) I am able to remove the graphics card and replace it.

I do hate pulling the laptop apart though due to the number of screws holding the thing together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danyul View Post
        Enz, what type of laptop do you have? Because I know with mine (a modified dell 6400) I am able to remove the graphics card and replace it.

I do hate pulling the laptop apart though due to the number of screws holding the thing together.
        its a compaq presario v2000, x200m, ah. my sad life... i should spent some more buckets to get something better, if i should know.

sorry my english.

Comment

• x200m
          this is an igp board which means that there's no way of removing it for what i know.

Comment

• Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
            this is an igp board which means that there's no way of removing it for what i know.
            maybe i will be using a hammer to remove A T I from my life forever.

even if i lose my $900 laptop (that was the cost of it a year ago here in Mexico)

on THIS release depends my decision.

Comment

• maybe i will be using a hammer to remove A T I from my life forever.

even if i lose my $900 laptop (that was the cost of it a year ago here in Mexico)

on THIS release depends my decision.
              well, with 8.40.4 works quite well if you have atieventsd loaded as a service at boot, the opensource driver has aiglx support and about 1,2 times in fps and supports aiglx (but without compiz which still blurs a little) with the last xorg-server and xf-86-driver-ati. i've not been experiencing issues for 3 months now. and 8.42 promises to give a great boost and aiglx support for this board very similar to the windows one.

Comment

• Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
                well, with 8.40.4 works quite well if you have atieventsd loaded as a service at boot, the opensource driver has aiglx support and about 1,2 times in fps and supports aiglx (but without compiz which still blurs a little) with the last xorg-server and xf-86-driver-ati. i've not been experiencing issues for 3 months now. and 8.42 promises to give a great boost and aiglx support for this board very similar to the windows one.
                i know the facts about performance in x200m;

in few hours we'll see if wait was worth.

Comment

• in few hours we'll see if wait was worth.
                  ahahahahaah.... do you really expect them to release it early in the morning?!?! i expect a release for after tomorrow in the late morning and the driver hit in portage Wednesday morning.
                  let's see if i'm right...

Comment

• enzobelmont: go ahead and smash it with a hammer as I don't believe this release will miraculously solve all problems...just some of them (and add AIGLX support)

I doubt they'd release in the early morning too.

Comment

• It won't be out tomorrow morning...
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X