This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Wunderwaffen is German for "wonder weapons", and was a term assigned during World War II by the Nazi propaganda ministry to a few revolutionary "superweapons". Most of these weapons reached the combat theatre too late, and in too insignificant numbers (if at all) to have a military effect. Even if they did, the "Wunderwaffen" mostly failed to fulfill their propaganda-inflated capabilities. Most soldiers, and many civilians, realized that.
    I think many people will not like that...

But I'm all for naming the releases after some random German word

Comment

• Originally posted by thoemy View Post
      I think many people will not like that...

But I'm all for naming the releases after some random German word
      How about if we just call it 8.42 Nuke Edition, it could mean either good or bad, it could mean either it'll blow you away in amazement, or it'll blow your computer off the face of the Earth or cause you to want to nuke the card from orbit. Hopefully we'll know very soon.
      Last edited by Malikith; 20 October 2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• How about::
        8.42.x Beowulf Edition: Uber-Xtreme, the hero of the Geats, battling Grendel, the beast of no AIGLX, and defeating Grendel's mother, the need for XGL to compiz/beryl desktop effects.

Comment

• For any driver: Always half broken Edition.

Comment

• just once I'd like an "everything works and runs about as fast as on windows Edition."

OOOhhh I don't even have and idea of how fast my X1900XTX is because I can't stand working on windows, and the linux drivers are lame. Wired thing though, when I tried 8.41.7 I stared up quake 4 and maxed out the settings. I then started a game and there was sum corruption although stuff seemed to look better. In the background the black smoke rising into the air on the first level was make up of about a thousand little grey cubes. So I ended up rolling back the driver because it obviously was not stable with my card.

Also, does any one know if with the new driver that with my X1900XTX I'd be able to play UT3 @ 1680x1050 with high settings and get decent FPS? I'm looking forward to that game so much. Michael maybe you have an idea of how well it'll run?

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel of sarnia View Post
              just once I'd like an "everything works and runs about as fast as on windows Edition."

OOOhhh I don't even have and idea of how fast my X1900XTX is because I can't stand working on windows, and the linux drivers are lame. Wired thing though, when I tried 8.41.7 I stared up quake 4 and maxed out the settings. I then started a game and there was sum corruption although stuff seemed to look better. In the background the black smoke rising into the air on the first level was make up of about a thousand little grey cubes. So I ended up rolling back the driver because it obviously was not stable with my card.

Also, does any one know if with the new driver that with my X1900XTX I'd be able to play UT3 @ 1680x1050 with high settings and get decent FPS? I'm looking forward to that game so much. Michael maybe you have an idea of how well it'll run?
              Well, if it can give us that nice performance boost we've heard about on the 8.41 drivers and fixes some bugs, I would say yes, the drivers should allow you to run UT 3 at around those settings you said.

Comment

• I hope so.

Hey also when I run quake 4 or the ET demo, even with the 8.40.4 driver I get a lot of corruption. I wish I know how to take in game screen shoots to how you what I mean. Does anyone else have problems like this I'm running the most up to date client too.

Maybe the new driver will solve this. Come on all singing all dancing second coming of jesus driver, keep your toes crossed.
                Last edited by daniel of sarnia; 21 October 2007, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• The same here. When I choose a resolution higher than 630x480 only an area about the size of 640x480 is rendered correctly but the rest is gibberish.

Comment

• daniel of sarnia,

UT3 really does not need insane graphic cards. It should work with High, maybe not the highest but well let's see. That's what we see with the Windows demo.

Ontopic:

8.42 - The AIGLX-is-here driver! (currently broken for X.org Server 1.0-1.4 edition)

Comment

• The UT3 Win demo has no higher textures than medium, setting to high does not change anything. You bench wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X