This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
    Unfortunately, I think you're getting worked up over nothing. Better to set expectations low and get better than what you expected -_-

[isboredatwork]
    Yep, thats how I am about it too now, i've been burnt too many times to have high expectations, but when the day comes when the good driver comes out whether its 8.42 or 8.90, I'll be happy and very pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredo View Post
      Hi everyone.

I shouldn't talk about it but I'll say it anyway : We (at ATI) are going to provide the best fglrx drivers ever for Linux with EVERYTHING fixed and AIGLX perfectly working.

I'll probably get fired after telling you this because of my NDA with ATI, sorry, AMD, but here it is : get prepared for these amazing new drivers !
      Fake...

I guess I'll have to wait till next month to see 8.42... I'll be on vacation from this saturday...

Comment

• Let's see when ATI manages to create a driver that runs all 4 tests of gl2benchmark which you find in the Kanotix Thorhammer repository... 8.41.7 could handle only 2 of 4.

Comment

• +++ AMD/ATI fired sole linux driver developer +++

Originally posted by fredo View Post
          Hi everyone.

I shouldn't talk about it but I'll say it anyway : We (at ATI) are going to provide the best fglrx drivers ever for Linux with EVERYTHING fixed and AIGLX perfectly working.

I'll probably get fired after telling you this because of my NDA with ATI, sorry, AMD, but here it is : get prepared for these amazing new drivers !
          +++ AMD/ATI fired sole linux driver developer +++

After discovering a non-disclosure violation on the Phoronix forums commited by one of their developers, AMD/ATI fired the developer of their linux graphics driver software (aka "fglrx"). The release of the already announced 8.42 driver version will be delayed until a new developer is hired and has build up a deep understanding of the currrent codebase.

That's what you get for pressing people, folks!

(For those who did not get it: THIS IS A JOKE (hopefully)).

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
            +++ AMD/ATI fired sole linux driver developer +++

After discovering a non-disclosure violation on the Phoronix forums commited by one of their developers, AMD/ATI fired the developer of their linux graphics driver software (aka "fglrx"). The release of the already announced 8.42 driver version will be delayed until a new developer is hired and has build up a deep understanding of the currrent codebase.

That's what you get for pressing people, folks!

(For those who did not get it: THIS IS A JOKE (hopefully)).

The sole developer or the NDA is a joke?

Comment

• Unfortunately for the Linux community, this is not a joke. I've just been fired by AMD a couple hours ago.

The bad thing is that I didn't have the time to release the 8.42 driver so it probably won't be released this month or even this year...

Comment

• (10 + 21 + 28 + 18 + 31 + 26 + 19 + 14 + 12) / 9 = approx. 19.888889

Statistically it will be released late today.

But don't take this as gospel

Comment

• Statistically it will be released late today.
                  the problem is how late.....

Comment

• Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
                    the problem is how late.....
                    (ans - 19) * 24 = approx. 21.333333

So it should be released oct 19th at 21.33 (9.33pm). (doesn't say what timezone, tho')

Comment

• Originally posted by fredo View Post
                      Unfortunately for the Linux community, this is not a joke. I've just been fired by AMD a couple hours ago.

The bad thing is that I didn't have the time to release the 8.42 driver so it probably won't be released this month or even this year...

Yes, they just fire you in one day nowdays

Comment

Working...
                      X