Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• according to wikipedia opengl 3 isn't even released yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pierluc View Post
      Micheal, is the new Catalyst 8.42 will support OpenGL3 ?
      Originally posted by chefkoch View Post
      according to wikipedia opengl 3 isn't even released yet.
      I hope he was joking...

Comment

• Another day waiting...

Comment

• 31-OCT is Wednesday, seems like the perfect date for the driver to come out. - We can then call it Novemberfest.

Comment

• let's hope for 2.6.23 and xorg-server 1.4 support.

i don't feel like downgrading half of my system for one driver, just to try it out.

Comment

• I'd like to see all-in-wonder support (tv/video capture) but that's propably only a fantasy...
              And hi to all.

Comment

• greetings to everyone from istanbul and thanks michael for the invaluable info.. the passionate wait for fglrx8.42 made me discover phoronix.com and i am addicted to refreshing your site everyday since few weeks. questions:
                1. what do you think about the envy tool to install ati drivers? any experiences? or would you rather recommend a manual install.

2. shall 8.42 support rotation of an external screen in a dual head configuration?

Comment

• I have been following this discussion with a lot of interest for a while now, because I'm in the boat with all those ATI guys who crossed over from Windows only to find that Linux has been treated like the retarded bastard step child by ATI.

I have a few things to get off my chest. ATI should be sued... selling hardware that claims to do something it doesn't is just wrong. And in my opinion fglrx just DOESN'T WORK it shouldn't matter whether you are using Linux or Windows you bought the hardware it should just work.

Second, this NDA thing is absolutely rediculous. Why not just give a damn date, pick a date that you are sure you will be able to deliver by, even if they end up delivering earlier it makes you look better instead of making all of us wait like idiots and check the website every 5 seconds to see if they came out. Plus then they wouldn't be late like they are now. Who cares whether we know what day the driver comes out? It doesn't give anyone any priceless information that is so top secret that it will be life or death for ATI.

Finally, I like my ATI cards, I have two. They cost me alot of money. They work about 50% (yes even in windows only 50% - the newest release for windows caused my entire system to halt). If these guys don't get their act together and deliver a working driver by Oct 31, I will be the first to sell both my ATI cards on e-bay.

Sorry if I seem like I'm being aggressive or mean or bashing, I'm not trying to do that, I'm just tired of this crap.

Comment

• I thought you wait for G92 before you do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      I thought you wait for G92 before you do that
                      I wait for 1.5 weeks from today. Then its curtains for my ATI cards, and I will never recommend ATI to another person.

Comment

Working...
                      X