This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    so please stop speculating why it isn't avaible yet.
    Personally, I blame global warming. The weather outside is still so nice that the developers are still spending most of their time outdoors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Martin Broz View Post
      man this waiting is killing me, hope ati supports crossfire, or if that can be done outside the driver, uhm.. guess not that will be open source, since crossfire beats sli's ass does it look like in benchmarks..
      check hall of fame on www.futuremark.com
      Unless we're REAL lucky, Crossfire support will be coming later rather than sooner. There's a lot of sync issues within Crossfire support that they have above and beyond the stuff they need to have working mostly right for single GPU mode- that they don't have yet...

Besides, for most configurations, you're going to get near the normal Crossfire speeds (I should know... I've dealt with a little of all kinds of GPU configurations in my recent past...) with their top of the line Single GPU answer- I'd rather they spent all their efforts on making THAT scream and work right first.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Monkey_King View Post
        Personally, I blame global warming. The weather outside is still so nice that the developers are still spending most of their time outdoors.
        It hasn't been warm where I live, its starting to get cold, 54?F, and windy.

But 8.42 will come when it comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          They don't have to wait. Gutsy can be tested by everyone already. But there will not delay a driver because of a distribution release. They pull it out as soon as it's ready, so please stop speculating why it isn't avaible yet. It isn't, because it isn't finished yet. If you don't want broken AIGLX or other bugs, sit down and enjoy the wait.
          Indeed. I think they're beating the hell out of it and found an 11th hour bug and doing the right thing (for a change) instead of shipping "something" each and every month on the dot. The tuning/bugfix release of the month club thing works well when you have most of the problems nailed down- but they don't have that right now. The current R600 release was more because AMD promised some people that sort of thing (Thanks for at least fulfilling that promise, guys!) for R600- and now they're putting the real polish on the whole thing so it'll be reasonably usable by everyone. I just wish they'd gotten more done than they have up to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malikith View Post
            It hasn't been warm where I live, its starting to get cold, 54?F, and windy.

But 8.42 will come when it comes.
            It might be that way where you live, but at least part of the team lives in balmy Orlando, FL and another part of the team lives in Marlborough, MA. It doesn't get all that cold in Florida and it's Regatta season (i.e. not all THAT cold) in Massachusetts (A good friend's kid and his 8-man team placed 8th a weekend or so ago in the one over in Worcester...).

But, I suspect that they've just found an issue that they felt wasn't acceptable to allow a release yet- nothing untoward otherwise.

Comment

• As anybody I would love to see the driver today, but if they can still fix bugs I would rather see it tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                why does anything have to revolve around ubuntu?
                Nothing is "revolving" around ubuntu. I'm asking questions because ubuntu is the distro I personally use.

It's an extremely popular and successful distribution, so it's natural that people are going to link an upcoming new distro with an upcoming new driver.

Comment

• I doesn't make sense for ATI to hold a driver release to coincide with a Linux distro release.

My hope is that when ATI releases 8.42 and IF it does what it promisses, then Ubuntu should make it available through repositories, as it will bring great functionality to lots of users!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
                    I doesn't make sense for ATI to hold a driver release to coincide with a Linux distro release.

My hope is that when ATI releases 8.42 and IF it does what it promisses, then Ubuntu should make it available through repositories, as it will bring great functionality to lots of users!
                    You mean the ability to get the eye candy without doing the 'twist'.

I've never had problems with driver stability or it failing horribly on my computer at least -_-; Guess I'm a really lucky one -_-

This wait is killing me...hayaku[hurry]!

Comment

• Micheal, is the new Catalyst 8.42 will support OpenGL3 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X