• It will be out soon.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Heheh

I still reckon it will coincide with Gutsy :P

/me giggles

Comment

• I'm dying over here waiting. It's been years, but knowing that AIGLX is coming for 8.42 (and should work, hopefully) is killing me.

Comment

• Remember that Ubuntu has a whitelist of drivers that are known to work with Compiz. So when you download Ubuntu Gutsy and install the fglrx 8.42, be sure to edit the /usr/bin/compiz file and edit the whitelist for fglrx before you go to Phoronix and say how bad AMD is

That's of course only needed if you use the ATI Installer or if the Ubuntu packaging scripts will not have a fix for this integrated.

Comment

• man this waiting is killing me, hope ati supports crossfire, or if that can be done outside the driver, uhm.. guess not that will be open source, since crossfire beats sli's ass does it look like in benchmarks..
            check hall of fame on www.futuremark.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Martin Broz View Post
              man this waiting is killing me, hope ati supports crossfire, or if that can be done outside the driver, uhm.. guess not that will be open source, since crossfire beats sli's ass does it look like in benchmarks..
              check hall of fame on www.futuremark.com
              Yeah but thats 3dmark which isn't very accurate alot of the time, and its not a game. And its not opengl.

Comment

• I remember one time the driver was pushed out till the last day of the month, everybody was anticipating it... happy times.
                Of course it turned out to be crap
                Kind of funny that our lives revolve around a driver.

Comment

• Crossfire is really has got much, much better since some time ago and it sure kicks some ass. However, it is not supported by fglrx yet. But the day it will, I guess Michael will upgrade his 8-core HD 2900 XT system to a HD 2900 XT (or newer) Crossfire configuration

Comment

• Originally posted by sundown View Post
                    I remember one time the driver was pushed out till the last day of the month, everybody was anticipating it... happy times.
                    yeah, shame on you. i have better things to do, like updating my system ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by sundown View Post
                      I remember one time the driver was pushed out till the last day of the month, everybody was anticipating it... happy times.
                      It will be out soon.
                      I think Micheal know the date and if he said that it will be out soon, it's because he will go out since some days.

If the dates is the Halloween he will said "some weeks".

Comment

Working...
                      X