AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta Driver For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble with adjusting backlight on 13.2 beta?

I installed it yesterday (Ubuntu 12.10), and when I tried do adjust the backlight on my E-350(Lenovo Ideapad S205), most of the times it was ignored (the system notification would pop up and act as if something was happening, but the backlight would not change).

I tried restarting and same thing, then I reinstalled 13.1 and it went away. I'll try again today to see if it really was the beta driver acting up.
    Oh, yeah, me. I got the same bug. I installed the beta driver from xorg-edgers and had to go back to 13.1 because that fscking bug.
    BTW I reported two other bugs:

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
      Oh, yeah, me. I got the same bug. I installed the beta driver from xorg-edgers and had to go back to 13.1 because that fscking bug.
      BTW I reported two other bugs:

http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=700
      PS: I did everything I could do from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Debugging/Backlight , and nothing worked, so don't lose your time trying to fix it...
      what's your graphics hardware? mine is amd HD 6750m (currently in use) + 6520g, this guy here: http://tk.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/co...ements/c86dpia got the same bug and similar hw.

Comment

PS: I did everything I could do from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Debugging/Backlight , and nothing worked, so don't lose your time trying to fix it...
        what's your graphics hardware? mine is amd HD 6750m (currently in use) + 6520g, this guy here: http://tk.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/co...ements/c86dpia got the same bug and similar hw.
        Mine is an HD 6310. Did you get around to reporting the backlight issue too?

Comment

Mine is an HD 6310. Did you get around to reporting the backlight issue too?
          No, I didn't report it. AMD doesn't seem to care about neither of those two bugs I reported. I think I'm just losing my time (as I thought it would be). The first one is really important, yet they haven't said anything, not even asked a single question...
          I really hope they do a good job with the open source driver. For now, and until they fix the power management and optimize the driver, I'm not even touching it.

Comment

No, I didn't report it. AMD doesn't seem to care about neither of those two bugs I reported. I think I'm just losing my time (as I thought it would be). The first one is really important, yet they haven't said anything, not even asked a single question...
            I really hope they do a good job with the open source driver. For now, and until they fix the power management and optimize the driver, I'm not even touching it.
            Yes, from past experience, it seems that that bugzilla is basically a networked /dev/null... But I've filed it anyway:

Comment

Hello guys... Someone can tell me, with precision, what's the hardware officially supported from latests Catalyst?
              Because I've a lot problems with a Laptop (Sony Vaio) and a HD 7650M.
              For Mobility series, the hardware support of 7xxx it's different?
              13.1 doesn't work. With the v13.2 I got full-screen blue/violet stripes and I can enter only restarting the X server (luckily) with bottom-right corner icon "AMD testing use only".
              (I've do a lot of "mess" with ppa/xorg-edgers and I don't if I can start now thanks to it).

Yes, from past experience, it seems that that bugzilla is basically a networked /dev/null... But I've filed it anyway:
              http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=711
              Have you tried to restart the X server with control + alt + backspace?

Comment

Suspend/Resume working yet for Trinity Laptops?

Still no joy on my Asus N56DP with the 13.1 driver. The machine hangs on Suspend; if I hold the power button down it eventually enters suspend (power light blinks). If I try to wake it up, it hangs there too and the display never comes on. Does this work any better in the 13.2 beta?

I switched back to the xorg radeon driver. Suspend works immediately, but Resume still doesn't turn on the display. And there is no working power management in the radeon driver, sensors reports the video card temperature as 57C, the fan is always running, and the battery barely lasts 90 minutes. At least with the Catalyst driver power management works, temps are at 28C, battery lasts 4 hours.

(Arch Linux, 3.7.6 kernel. Same with the 3.6 kernel.)

Comment

Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
                  Still no joy on my Asus N56DP with the 13.1 driver. The machine hangs on Suspend; if I hold the power button down it eventually enters suspend (power light blinks). If I try to wake it up, it hangs there too and the display never comes on. Does this work any better in the 13.2 beta?

I switched back to the xorg radeon driver. Suspend works immediately, but Resume still doesn't turn on the display. And there is no working power management in the radeon driver, sensors reports the video card temperature as 57C, the fan is always running, and the battery barely lasts 90 minutes. At least with the Catalyst driver power management works, temps are at 28C, battery lasts 4 hours.

(Arch Linux, 3.7.6 kernel. Same with the 3.6 kernel.)
                  Did you even read the thread?
                  Add yourself to this report, please!

Comment

Has anyone else had trouble with adjusting backlight on 13.2 beta?

I installed it yesterday (Ubuntu 12.10), and when I tried do adjust the backlight on my E-350(Lenovo Ideapad S205), most of the times it was ignored (the system notification would pop up and act as if something was happening, but the backlight would not change).

I tried restarting and same thing, then I reinstalled 13.1 and it went away. I'll try again today to see if it really was the beta driver acting up.
                    same here on my E450 (thinkpad x121e).

Comment

Working...
                    X