Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrohbeck
    [ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled
    Looks like it's not picking up Option "AccelMethod" "glamor". I think maybe the xorg.conf.d/ snippets must be named *.conf, or it might be easier to just put it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

BTW, this sort of problem report should rather go to a relevant mailing list.

Comment

I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
      Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
      xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
      Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
      build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
      Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
      Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
      Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
      Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
      ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
      [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
      [ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled

IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.

Comment

That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.
        Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"

Comment

Yes, the current Device section is
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:Section "Device"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Identifier "HD7850"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: BusID "PCI:6:0:0"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-HDMI-0" "S273HL1"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:# Option "Monitor-DVI-1" "S273HL2"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DVI-0" "Shimian"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
          /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:EndSection
          Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:

Comment

/opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
            It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

Your Xorg.0.log says
            Code:
            [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
            so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.

Edit:
            Code:
            --with-dri-drivers=radeon
            Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
            Last edited by ChrisXY; 21 January 2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".
              The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.

Edit:
              Code:
              Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
              "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
              Last edited by marek; 22 January 2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.
                Good to know. X -configure always generated "radeon" for me so I wrongly assumed it was radeon.

"--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
                I think I had two times a problem with mesa git with that. First for some reason the build system depended on swrast being built and much later it wouldn't compile without a dri driver. These problems get fixed but they seem to be recurring, so I guess there isn't too much ongoing testing going into specialized builds from git master?

Comment

I know this thread is old, but:
                  GLSL 1.5 is mostly just a combination of the extensions mentioned in the TODO list below it and most of them are DONE.
                  Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                  As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?

Comment

Your Xorg.0.log says
                    Code:
                    [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
                    so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.
                    Edit:
                    Code:
                    The driver from xorg.conf is named "radeon".
                    --with-dri-drivers="" is working.
                    I use glamor too. It has some slight rendering errors, but it seems to behave more stable than exa.
                    Here is my working mesa (the 64 bit version) build script (note that this one has all kinds of stuff including opencl support that requires libclc/llvm/clang and its built only for r600):

Code:
                    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-debug \
                    CPPFLAGS="-m64" \
                    CXXFLAGS="-m64" \
                    --enable-64-bit --disable-32-bit \
                    --enable-texture-float \
                    --with-gallium-drivers=r600,swrast \
                    --with-dri-drivers="" \
                    --enable-vdpau \
                    --enable-egl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 \
                    --enable-glx-tls \
                    --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm \
                    --enable-gbm \
                    --enable-gallium-egl \
                    --enable-gallium-osmesa \
                    --with-osmesa-bits=32 \
                    --enable-gallium-llvm \
                    --enable-r600-llvm-compiler \
                    --disable-dri3 \
                    --enable-opencl \
                    --with-llvm-shared-libs \
                    --enable-shared-glapi

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                      I know this thread is old, but:

Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                      As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?
                      Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:

Comment

Working...
                      X