X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    it seems to improve now:

when triggering the expos?-like feature (vortex animation is selected) for a short second I can see the background - then the screen turns black

also switching desktops via ctrl + alt + arrow (left, right, up, down) also leads to a black screen - when the animation has ended the desktop is viewable again

when zooming in (using the "zoom" feature) the mouse-cursor is still viewable - not sure if it was there before

definitely things seem to be improving

thanks devs !

in the past when I first wanted to try out llvm upon launch of X (lightdm) the screen was totally black - so there's been lots of progress

Leave a comment:

• Eisnefaust
    replied
    Typical case of mild form of idocracy ;-) At least MESA should have left the code within their codebase as long as LLVM hasn't the backend officially ...

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
    And a good thing this is. If this had not happened, we'd have 3 different R600 LLVM back-ends to choose from when writing code. Mesa's R600 back-end, Tom's LLVM tree, or the upstream LLVM repository. Any fixes/improvements would have to be synchronized between all 3 repositories.

Now we're down to 2 repositories, and I believe that Tom has committed to handling the upstreaming of fixes based on his tree to the upstream LLVM project.
    well, it's great that we have llvm for radeon

but there's 2 (or some more - haven't tested more than that) main issues I'm facing with it when for my daily work:

I'm running compiz 0.8* (0.9* is unstable for me and it's also not as fast & stable as 0.8* - at least for me)

- the expos?-like feature leads to a black screen

- likewise with the zoom feature

if anyone of the devs is reading here along - could you try to reproduce and see if there's a fix for that ?

(I'm using llvm from Tom's repo via FireBurn overlay with Gentoo)

afaik at the beginning when I started testing it some videoplayback (via smplayer) or even flash (in chromium) also didn't work -> black content

thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon LLVM GPU Back-End Stripped From Mesa

The R600 LLVM back-end for the Radeon Gallium3D driver was removed from Mesa...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI2OTE
    And a good thing this is. If this had not happened, we'd have 3 different R600 LLVM back-ends to choose from when writing code. Mesa's R600 back-end, Tom's LLVM tree, or the upstream LLVM repository. Any fixes/improvements would have to be synchronized between all 3 repositories.

Now we're down to 2 repositories, and I believe that Tom has committed to handling the upstreaming of fixes based on his tree to the upstream LLVM project.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Radeon LLVM GPU Back-End Stripped From Mesa

Radeon LLVM GPU Back-End Stripped From Mesa

Phoronix: Radeon LLVM GPU Back-End Stripped From Mesa

The R600 LLVM back-end for the Radeon Gallium3D driver was removed from Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X