Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    Is this tutorial still up to date? Because it was written for 7.10 and now we are on 8.10 ...
    The original doc is out of date. It was written before direct rendering capabilities were added for R5x0 cards and 690G IGP, so it doesn't reflect those changes.

I've attempted to write an updated install guide for Ubuntu 8.x:

If anyone has suggestions/feedback, please post here or PM me. Thanks.
    Last edited by DanL; 30 January 2009, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• izual
    replied
    I don't have problems with compiling it, it worked just fine on 7.10 / 8.04. I just want to be shure that (exactly) this method is still OK.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Originally posted by izual View Post
    Is this tutorial still up to date?
    Because it was written for 7.10 and now we are on 8.10 with new Xorg, Mesa etc. etc.
    if you dont want to compile it manual you can use the PPA from Tormod https://launchpad.net/~tormodvolden/+archive

Leave a comment:

• izual
    replied
    Is this tutorial still up to date?
    Because it was written for 7.10 and now we are on 8.10 with new Xorg, Mesa etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• wiscados
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by wiscados View Post
    The article shows how to install radeonhd, which I did some time ago successfully.
    However now I want to update radeonhd, what are the commands to download readeonhd from git?
    Go to your "xf86-video-radeonhd" dir which you've downloaded with that git command and run

git pull

to update and then

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make
    root > make install

again.

Leave a comment:

• wiscados
    replied
    The article shows how to install radeonhd, which I did some time ago successfully.
    However now I want to update radeonhd, what are the commands to download readeonhd from git?

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    The simplest ways to test the RadeonHD in Ubuntu is to use the packages provided by Tormod Volden. They are updated quite often.

Link:

Leave a comment:

• guyvo
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Installing The RadeonHD Driver On Ubuntu

While today's unveiling of the RadeonHD driver for the ATI R500 and R600 series is great news, this driver right now is targeted solely for developers as it's still experimental and doesn't yet support 3D acceleration and other key functionality generally needed in production environments. However, if you are looking to try out this new RadeonHD driver on Ubuntu because you're running into problems with the proprietary fglrx driver or just wishing to report your results, we've documented the installation procedures for Ubuntu.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11067
    Thanks for posting this now I can work with optimal resolution on my laptop 1440/900. The procedure went well refered by the website link.

How can I follow up the next generation of this driver ?

Is HDMI (which i have) supported yet ?

PS
    laptop toshiba P200 with radeon 2600HD 256M
    ubuntu 71

Thanks
    Guy

Leave a comment:

• guyvo
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Installing The RadeonHD Driver On Ubuntu

While today's unveiling of the RadeonHD driver for the ATI R500 and R600 series is great news, this driver right now is targeted solely for developers as it's still experimental and doesn't yet support 3D acceleration and other key functionality generally needed in production environments. However, if you are looking to try out this new RadeonHD driver on Ubuntu because you're running into problems with the proprietary fglrx driver or just wishing to report your results, we've documented the installation procedures for Ubuntu.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11067
    Thanks for helping me bringing my laptop to his optimal resolution of 1440/900 resolution on ubuntu. I did your procedure and worked without any probs. The only thing I notice when moving some windows is a kind of late refreshment of the screen. Nevertheless great job.

How can I follow up the next generation of this radeon driver ?

I have a HDMI connection will that be supported too ?

PS
    laptop toshiba P200 1BF with radeon 2600HD 256M

Regards
    Guy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X