• radeonHD available for download

is now accessible to the public.

you can download it with:
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd

Code:
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    $ make
    # make install
    That code built on my system without error. Haven't had a chance to try it; I am in the middle of some CS homework; and will try it after.

You'll also need install the build dependencies. (xorg-sdk definitely)

It doesn't look like all chipsets are supported yet. If you chipset isn't a certain one the driver throws an X error and stops the server startup.

The Mobility X1300 isn't supported. Looking at ati_id.c there are 4 different PCI Ids for such a card; not sure which mine is. If someone knows how to get that it'd be appreciated.

Also it mentions a mailing list; anyone know where that mailing list is and where to subscribe?

Comment

it doesn't work on my mobility x1600

I can paste Xorg.log if it helps

Comment

i'll wait two weeks and try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
          Also it mentions a mailing list; anyone know where that mailing list is and where to subscribe?
          [email protected]
          and/or:
          http://bugs.freedesktop.org (radeonhd component)

Comment

Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
            It doesn't look like all chipsets are supported yet. If you chipset isn't a certain one the driver throws an X error and stops the server startup.

The Mobility X1300 isn't supported. Looking at ati_id.c there are 4 different PCI Ids for such a card; not sure which mine is. If someone knows how to get that it'd be appreciated.

It is not the chipset which isn't supported, it is the card which isn't supported. We need to carry around card specific information such as the connector layout. Sadly atombios provides insufficient information.

Comment

Originally posted by mile View Post
              it doesn't work on my mobility x1600

I can paste Xorg.log if it helps
              [email protected] please

There might be some delay, as many people need to see their cards supported.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                i'll wait two weeks and try it out.
                Try now, your card will only get support after someone reports it.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
                  It is not the chipset which isn't supported, it is the card which isn't supported. We need to carry around card specific information such as the connector layout. Sadly atombios provides insufficient information.
                  K.. I misread the xlog error; sorry for the confusion.

I sent in my xorg log nontheless.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
                    So will the RadeonHD driver actually support the R500 (520 etc) series of cards as well? It seems like only R600 support is being worked on. If it will what can a non-programmer like me to do help? I have a Mobility X1400.

Comment

Working...
                    X