Marek Takes On MSAA Gallium3D Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droste View Post
    Why do you need to know who donates money to whom and how much it is? Just because you don't know who donates money, doesn't mean it's not happening :-P

/edit:
    And it's actually not a donation. He works and you give him money. Unless Marek is a non-profit organization it is not a donation and he has to pay taxes for the money he gets (I hope he is doing this, I don't want him in jail ;-)).
    Glad you decided to donate too, how much is acceptable for you?
    Also, I will know no more than anyone else reading the thread, so I hope it answers your question. Now, please answer mine

Comment

Either way how people like to show their appreciation to a freelancer dev like Marek, I wonder if it was possible to crowdfund somebody to reverse engineer UVD functionality. If AMD can't really do it for legal reasons, maybe somebody outside an enterprise could. Just thinking about possibilities.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Donated. Cheers.

Comment

Donated as well.

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          Either way how people like to show their appreciation to a freelancer dev like Marek, I wonder if it was possible to crowdfund somebody to reverse engineer UVD functionality.
          I don't think we want this. I think we want efficient GPU accelerated decoder for any codec in question.
          Clearly, its possible, but AMD will immediately request removal of this code from open driver. Sucks. IMHO.
          Last edited by crazycheese; 08 December 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I agree that the shaders are more flexible but then an ASIC is always more efficient. Anyhow I'd LOVE to finally see video acceleration on these GPUs, especially since it would be awesome for E-350 style HTPC.

And I donated.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              And I donated.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X