Marek Takes On MSAA Gallium3D Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    Marek, are there any videocards you need?
    I don't need any videocards at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      Yeah, that would be a nice idea. We could do a little "kickstarterish" thing and get some money together for Marek.

Go to Marek's profile on this forum:

Click on the "About Me"
      And you'll see he's got a link there for paypal donations.

Don't pool money. It's always a bad idea. They pooled money for getting interest in an Android port of Cyanogenmod for the HP Touchpad and one of the newest devs, that contributed almost nothing to the project ran off with the whole pool in the first month.

Kickstarter I think isn't appropriate either as it has strings attached requiring the dev to actually deliver very specific goods in order to get the money.

I think direct donations, is by far, the best way
      Last edited by Sidicas; 07 December 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Okay if he doesn't need a GPU right now I can still buy him a beer or something.
        Still, if you happen to need some hardware, Marek, I think we will find some people here throwing together some money.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
          Go to Marek's profile on this forum:

Click on the "About Me"
          And you'll see he's got a link there for paypal donations.

Don't pool money. It's always a bad idea.
          Pooling money is WONDERFUL idea. Its snow ball. And I am ready (acknowledging some will join) to pour my part into his paypal account.

So, how much can you donate now, Sidicas?

Originally posted by marek View Post
          I don't need any videocards at the moment. Thanks anyway.
          Okay.
          It would be nice if recent 58xx, 68/69xx would get some of your attention.. just telling my humble user opinion.
          Thank you!

Okay if he doesn't need a GPU right now I can still buy him a beer or something.
          Still, if you happen to need some hardware, Marek, I think we will find some people here throwing together some money.
          Adarion, you ok to donate 5€ (for beer)?
          Last edited by crazycheese; 07 December 2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I like how it goes - many say "Thank you" but when it comes to actually supporting the developer everyone is rich with words, but not with actions. Guys, you suck great deal. Face it. :/

No wonder people helping opensource have to eat own nails in order to survive.

Comment

I'll check my funds (being PhD student sucks, the salary is really really low for all the work you do) but I guess something between 10 or 20 Euros should be possible. For xmas so he can buy himself a beer, a humble indie bundle or whatever.

Ah there was a post meanwhile: Hey, cheese, don't speak to me. I am f-ing poor, but I put some donations here and there, or, if I just lack the money I do voluntary help on Linux exhibitions and the like. Helping preparations like cleaning and preparing the halls, making food, watching over a booth and answering questions from people that come by. Or just spending beer for devs that I meet on a LinuxTag (LinuxDay in Germany).
              Last edited by Adarion; 08 December 2012, 07:18 AM.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I'll check my funds (being PhD student sucks, the salary is really really low for all the work you do) but I guess something between 10 or 20 Euros should be possible. For xmas so he can buy himself a beer, a humble indie bundle or whatever.

Ah there was a post meanwhile: Hey, cheese, don't speak to me. I am f-ing poor, but I put some donations here and there, or, if I just lack the money I do voluntary help on Linux exhibitions and the like. Helping preparations like cleaning and preparing the halls, making food, watching over a booth and answering questions from people that come by. Or just spending beer for devs that I meet on a LinuxTag (LinuxDay in Germany).
                It doesn't apply to you, since you responded. Even if you simply claimed you're low on funds is enough... In fact, we are permanently low on funds, except we need something asap. But then, we never need opensource driver asap, do we?
                So, you are ok with 5$? You can give more...

Sidicas, necrolover and anyone who appreciated Marek efforts in this thread, please respond!
                Necro, you can sell your drugs and donate money, can you?
                There is already two of us! Please join!

You are free to repost or link to this post from any forum.
                Lets us, who really appreciate Marek effort, and not only -blabla-, gather and express our gratitude.
                Even birds don't feed on -blabla-.
                MS makes 100$ on each install. Its a lot. Why do you wonder its so strong?
                Each of us will individually commit paypal transfer to Marek account to amount each has claimed.
                Why? Because he clearly does improve opensource like hero, doesn't he?
                Best method is to call to such donation "snowball" upon every significant commit.
                How much you can compensate Marek is not important, even beer is ok.
                Lets do this.
                Last edited by crazycheese; 08 December 2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Sidicas, necrolover and anyone who appreciated Marek efforts in this thread, please respond!
                  Necro, you can sell your drugs and donate money, can you?
                  There is already two of us! Please join!
                  Come one you know me I send Marek money in the past and I will do it in the future.

And I think you just do a overreaction about the drug joke.
                  Most of the people did not understand this joke because its a "internal".
                  To understand this joke just imagine this: What if I?m not the drug "dude" you think because using caffeine and other stuff as medicine is no abuse at all.

What if Marek really do drug abuse to write the driver? Just an rhetorical question. You don't need to answer.

Back to your question: What if I sell my drugs to send Marek money and he just buy my drugs from me with my money to write the driver on drugs? Isn't this a pointless Circle circuit argumentation?

And don't even try to arguing with "drugs" again if you don't get anything what I?m pointing out.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                    Come one you know me I send Marek money in the past and I will do it in the future.

To understand this joke just imagine this: What if I?m not the drug "dude" you think because using caffeine and other stuff as medicine is no abuse at all.

What if Marek really do drug abuse to write the driver? Just an rhetorical question. You don't need to answer.

Back to your question: What if I sell my drugs to send Marek money and he just buy my drugs from me with my money to write the driver on drugs? Isn't this a pointless Circle circuit argumentation?

And don't even try to arguing with "drugs" again if you don't get anything what I?m pointing out.
                    Well, I am not Marek, so the question is not rhetorical, its pointless... Marek didn't respond if he accepts drugs, but he sure accept paypal donations. So its clear alternative..

So you jump in or opt out?

Comment

So you jump in or opt out?
                      Why do you need to know who donates money to whom and how much it is? Just because you don't know who donates money, doesn't mean it's not happening :-P

/edit:
                      And it's actually not a donation. He works and you give him money. Unless Marek is a non-profit organization it is not a donation and he has to pay taxes for the money he gets (I hope he is doing this, I don't want him in jail ;-)).
                      Last edited by droste; 08 December 2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X