AMD Releases 900+ Pages Of GPU Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    Alas a working quality driver (full driver) will probably be still at least six moths off.
    Even if that is true, at that rate we should expect a driver more functioning than fglrx in about 2 months. Even if it lacks 3d initially; I'd love a driver that has randr dynamic monitor support and can have decent video playback.

Comment

Most certainly. At least we can be certain of a few features that will be there in the OSS driver, and most likely it'll feature pretty fast 2D rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
        Most certainly. At least we can be certain of a few features that will be there in the OSS driver, and most likely it'll feature pretty fast 2D rendering.
        It's a good start .

Comment

Originally posted by taipan View Post
          I just registered to say I love you
          I just registered to say how much I care
          And I mean it from the bottom of my heart
          I wonder how many people on this forum actually know what you are referring to?

This is great news... anyone want to buy my Nvidia video card (specs in sig)?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
            I'll give you 20$ for it. Honestly, it's just a heap a metal that's soon to be obsolete (as soon as directx 10.1 comes out, if you even care about directx). On linux, it's already obsolete.

What do you say?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
              I wonder how many people on this forum actually know what you are referring to?
              What are you talking about?!?! Stevie was a Wonder!!

Originally posted by joshuapurcell
              I'd hold on to it for a bit longer until we have the first fruits of this

Comment

Quick scan shows no definition of the internal programming model - is that available already elewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                  Tickled enough, Svartalf?
                  I think I might be- the driver's story is leaving me...underwhelmed...yeah, that'd be the best, most diplomatic word for it. I'll see in a bit when I download and start perusing it. If it is good and useful (and I'll know pretty quick if it is or not) I'll be much more tickled than I would otherwise be.

Comment

Huh, I wonder if even the amd driver developers know what the internal programming model is. Graphics chip manufacturers are notoriously paranoid about people finding out how their chips work. At least now we have the barebone specs. Once it's working it can be experimented with and performance-tuned.

@Svartalf
                    What more do you want? Access to the fglrx tree? We've always known that would never happen: amd couldn't do that if they wanted to for the previously explained legal reasons. Now we have an excellent chance for a really quality graphics driver for Linux. Granted, it will take a year before it's even close to feature-complete, but as long as people want to develop it, the specs are there (I have them on my hard drive, at least the 2d ones that have already been released) and there won't be the r200 issue this time around, what exactly do you want? It to cure hunger, AIDS and cancer?
                    Last edited by TechMage89; 12 September 2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                      I'll give you 20$ for it. Honestly, it's just a heap a metal that's soon to be obsolete (as soon as directx 10.1 comes out, if you even care about directx). On linux, it's already obsolete.

What do you say?
                      I guess I'm going to have to try and sell it somewhere other than a Linux-related forum when I get serious about it. It's not worth $20 bucks to take it out of my case, box it up and drive to the post office .

Comment

Working...
                      X