Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might try to reinstall and see what happens. I tried creating the link and it didn't work. I am wondering if I am having a conflict with the 32bit stuff it needs that I think I have installed plus the 64 bit stuff I have installed.

As ati mentions on thier page.

The following 32 bit packages must be installed in order for 64 bit drivers to install and work properly:
    ? XFree86-Mesa-libGL
    ? libstdc++
    ? libgcc
    ? XFree86-libs
    ? fontconfig
    ? expat
    ? freetype
    ? zlib

At this link.

Do you know if the 8.30 drivers allow the desktop effects?

take care,
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobgun04 View Post
      I might try to reinstall and see what happens. I tried creating the link and it didn't work. I am wondering if I am having a conflict with the 32bit stuff it needs that I think I have installed plus the 64 bit stuff I have installed.

As ati mentions on thier page.

The following 32 bit packages must be installed in order for 64 bit drivers to install and work properly:
      ? XFree86-Mesa-libGL
      ? libstdc++
      ? libgcc
      ? XFree86-libs
      ? fontconfig
      ? expat
      ? freetype
      ? zlib

At this link.

Do you know if the 8.30 drivers allow the desktop effects?

take care,
      Bob
      8.30 drivers do not allow desktop effects.
      One of the things I did to get it to work (as I described earlier with linking some off .so files) is try to compile the control panel as stated earlier in this thread. You might notice /usr/bin/ld reporting a few missing libraries (like -lqt not found) and you might try symbolically linking the .so lib files like I described earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgun04 View Post
        I successfully compiled and installed the 8.30.3 drivers on an AMD64 machine. the only thing I did to get rid of the control panel problems was to create the following link:

ln -s /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/ /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64

as root.

Comment

I have followed the instructions in this post.

and made the following symlink

Code:
          ln -sf /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64 /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib
          I am now getting the following error

Code:
          [root@dh7c8rb1 ati]# make
          g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o  main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o  moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o    -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1  -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft
          /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
          make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1

Comment

Thanks Michael and cardinal

As soon as I added the proper link is compiled perfectly with no errors. So thanks again. I was almost going to install ubuntu but I prefer Fedora.

Take care,
            Bob

Comment

Strange... I was getting this:
              [root@am64 ati]# make
              g++ FGLRXExtensions.o ATITVOExtensions.o main.o Sheet.o Page.o InfoPage.o DualScreenPage.o AdjustPage.o TVoutAdjustPage.o BoardInfo.o moc_Sheet.o moc_Page.o moc_InfoPage.o moc_DualScreenPage.o moc_AdjustPage.o moc_TVoutAdjustPage.o -o fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1 -L/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lICE -lSM -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lXinerama -lXrender -lfreetype -lXxf86vm -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lXft
              /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
              collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
              make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1

And this fixed it:

[root@am64 ati]# ln -s /usr/lib64/fglrx/libGL.so /usr/lib

Comment

I have tried both symlinks with no success , i am borderline getting ready to start from scratch, not that I think that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by hookooekoo View Post
                  I have tried both symlinks with no success , i am borderline getting ready to start from scratch, not that I think that will help.
                  Are you running into the same error or what?
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

yeah the same one as posted above.

Comment

If you wanted, you could throw fireglcontrolpanel out of the RPM build process. If you need help with that just let me know.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X