Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 Linux Driver

Hi

I just get a brand new computer, whith an ATI Mobility radeon HD 2400. Unfortunately it seems that there are no driver available for it under Linux. So here comes some questions :

1) I just read that the ATI 8.41 linux driver support now the ATI radeon HD 2400 , do you think it can be then compatible with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400.

2)This Graphic card is pretty new (announced in may 2007 i think), in average how many months do ATI need to deliver a driver for Linux.

3) Did someone heard about an upcoming driver for this card

thanks

Originally posted by Z1Kenobi View Post
    Hi

I just get a brand new computer, whith an ATI Mobility radeon HD 2400. Unfortunately it seems that there are no driver available for it under Linux. So here comes some questions :

1) I just read that the ATI 8.41 linux driver support now the ATI radeon HD 2400 , do you think it can be then compatible with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400.

2)This Graphic card is pretty new (announced in may 2007 i think), in average how many months do ATI need to deliver a driver for Linux.

3) Did someone heard about an upcoming driver for this card

thanks
    Hi

1. The Mobility Radeon HD 2400 should be supported in 8.41 that will be out by this Wednesday.

2. Usually a couple months but now should be shorter due to the new driver.

3. 8.41.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

thanks michael , all your answer where right and with the new driver my graphic card is working really well under debian . I will try compiz now with xgl

Comment

You see somewhere Xgl for Debian? Usually only Ubuntu has it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          You see somewhere Xgl for Debian? Usually only Ubuntu has it...
          Yeah theres places to get it, you can either build it yourself, or go get it off a unofficial repository.

Comment

Well I used Xgl as hack with very old compiz, but when you want to use it now you would need to build it new, I really see no etch repository for it and the Ubuntu package does not compile so easyly... It is better to wait for AIGLX, much less trouble.

Comment

the link (sublinks) provided by malikith is the one i used to get a compiz environnement under debian.

Effectively if it is for a every day used pc beter to wait one month++ for the aixgl support but with the steps provided above you dont have to merge your debian into an unstable version causee all the packages in testing met the dependencies and with a "apt-get -t testing compiz/unstabe xgl/unstable.... /unstable" command you can manage to install it so that it will be easy to remove in one month.

Once again thanks to Michael to his clever support .....

Comment

Working...
              X