Bridgman Is No Longer "The AMD Open-Source Guy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Is there such a thing as a "triple facepalm" ?
    You always Facepalm if someone lost all hope for a company ?

There is no #Dolus directus intentio# to do something good in this company there is only a intention to do something Evil inside of a Corporatism anti freedom logic.

The last ~10 years prove this to me.

But you can explain us what is the roadmap of the evil AMD plan then I believe you.

Comment

• I think that in the beginningg there were big advancements,
      Last edited by Marc55Mo; 27 September 2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        The problem with current hardware was that the VA decoded format was incompatible with the current hardware overlays.

Really? That's pretty fail design of Intel.

Comment

• Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
          You always Facepalm if someone lost all hope for a company ?
          No, just when someone posts something so wrong that I try replying but don't know where to start...

The TrustZone announcement has nothing to do with HSA other than being talked about in the same year...
          Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
            thanx I did even forgot about that, the last thing we could read here was nearly a year ago. lol I just tried to start it with mplayer and stuff but did not work, just thought it was a hidden secret and nobody speaks about the support

libvdpau_r600.so that file is missing it seems... or whatever funny xorg-messages:

[ 14.132] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
            [ 14.132] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: r600
            [ 14.132] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] VDPAU driver: r600

but of curse no no vainfo no vdpauinfo no xvmc stuff works so maybe we talk about that is not working in a year or so... its funny because if you read some of the posts here on phoronix you could think that it was already running a bit buggy or so in january... ^^
            You need to build vdpau support in mesa (--enable-vdpau configure option). At the moment it only supports MPEG1/2.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              No, just when someone posts something so wrong that I try replying but don't know where to start...

The TrustZone announcement has nothing to do with HSA other than being talked about in the same year...
              do you mean we can buy HSA hardware without a trojan in the product like TrustZone?

I think this will not be posible.

In the end we get the Trojan anyway.

Comment

• No idea. They are unrelated features.
                Test signature

Comment

• Like OHSA safety, or US patent law.
                  They will affect the end product, but no one considers them technology design features.

Facts of life.

On a more positive note, my LUxmark V2 score went from 1618 to 1800 with the installation of CAT 2.9 beta.

So...open cl drivers do seem to be improving over time.

Any word from Mike Houston regarding folding? Dead issue, just won't ever work with their Gromacs , or will improve over time?

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    You need to build vdpau support in mesa (--enable-vdpau configure option). At the moment it only supports MPEG1/2.
                    yes because of that it is not included by the default because today nobody uses mpeg2 anymore... yes there are always some special cases... but its retarded, and even if somebody uses that, the copression of that format is so bad that each retarded netbook can ecode that crap with 10-20% cpu load.

Comment

• For whom is interested - there is a new document available covering HSA:

Heterogeneous System Architecture: A Technical Review (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                      X