X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Btw, did I got it right that with GCN the shader compiler is easier (not easy!) to optimize compared to previous architectures?
    Two part answer :

1. Yes, we believe so

2. One of the changes we made during initial SI support was moving from a fairly simple "shader assembler" to an llvm-based compiler, which will hopefully be doing some of that optimizing already.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    not UVD[this is drm mined and is very very unlike to be worked on] but video decode on shaders
    No he was also working on an UVD implementation but it was never clear if it can be released. I have talked with him around November 2011.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille View Post
    Im very happy for all S.I. owner. But was not Christian K?nig working on Video Acceleration and try to implement UVD? Is this work now dead?
    not UVD[this is drm mined and is very very unlike to be worked on] but video decode on shaders

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    awesome i think i will reactivate my 7770 buy for september [i canceled the purchase 1 month ago cuz i can't simply tolerate using fglrx ever again] but now glamor and glxgears is the time

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Im very happy for all S.I. owner. But was not Christian K?nig working on Video Acceleration and try to implement UVD? Is this work now dead?

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Great work!

Btw, did I got it right that with GCN the shader compiler is easier (not easy!)
    to optimize compared to previous architectures?

Leave a comment:

• lordheavy
    replied
    Milestone...

We can say now that radeonsi has hit the 'glxgears Milestone' !

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    At this point it's mostly just a matter of narrowing down the failures and fixing bugs.
    ... and *that* gets a lot easier when you can actually see stuff on the screen

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Most of the infrastructure is already in place and has been for a while now for a relatively complete 3D driver. At this point it's mostly just a matter of narrowing down the failures and fixing bugs.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    The other big issue was a couple of instructions that weren't being handled properly in the new shader compiler, which Tom fixed late last week :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X