Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agd5f
    replied
    It might also be worth checking that both runs of the applications are using the same rendering paths. 8.1 supports a number of additional GL extensions which may cause the application to choose a more advanced rendering path on 8.1 vs. 8.0.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Interesting to see how some thing go through the roof performance wise but same card/chip with a different applications sees quite severe regressions. Well as long as mesa devs notice this and get the latter fixed before release it shall be fine. It is a intermediate development "release" anyway so I wouldn't build a house on it.

Leave a comment:

• gQuigs
    replied
    If you have the hardware in question...

you can bisect them too.. manually it's not that difficult. (now fixing the cause on the other hand)

I haven't been able to find any pts bisect docs.. and it doesn't appear as a module for me...

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Hope some of these issues get fixed before release (typing from a machine with a Radeon HD 4670).

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    +1 for a Llano re-test, making sure the clocks are up

Leave a comment:

• jakubo
    replied
    i wonder whether there is any news on the APU graphics driver side.
    it's been some time, hasnt it?
    Besides, i wonder if the results would differ on a bulldozer system. maybe compiled with bdver..
    (im considering to buy one so i wouldnt want something "fixed" for intel when it would possibly slow down AMD)

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by log0 View Post
    I've thought the test suite supported bisecting to identify performance regressions?
    It does, but I don't have the time right now. I'm going to be out of the country for a week so I have other articles to get done prior to that on the Ivy Bridge system, etc.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Right, what about the mesa regression-spotter rig you talked about?

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    I've thought the test suite supported bisecting to identify performance regressions?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    No love for 4870 it seems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X