Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon R600g Gallium3D: Mesa 8.0.4 vs. 8.1 Git

Phoronix: AMD Radeon R600g Gallium3D: Mesa 8.0.4 vs. 8.1 Git

With Mesa 8.1 set to be released next month, here are some benchmarks comparing the Git performance of Mesa 8.0.4 to Mesa 8.1-devel for several generations of Radeon graphics cards. In this article the R600g Gallium3D driver is being put under the microscope while other articles in the coming days will look at the Intel i965 DRI driver, ATI R300g Gallium3D for the older Radeon GPUs, and the Nouveau Gallium3D driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No love for 4870 it seems.

Comment

I've thought the test suite supported bisecting to identify performance regressions?

Comment

Right, what about the mesa regression-spotter rig you talked about?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
          I've thought the test suite supported bisecting to identify performance regressions?
          It does, but I don't have the time right now. I'm going to be out of the country for a week so I have other articles to get done prior to that on the Ivy Bridge system, etc.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i wonder whether there is any news on the APU graphics driver side.
            it's been some time, hasnt it?
            Besides, i wonder if the results would differ on a bulldozer system. maybe compiled with bdver..
            (im considering to buy one so i wouldnt want something "fixed" for intel when it would possibly slow down AMD)

Comment

+1 for a Llano re-test, making sure the clocks are up

Comment

Hope some of these issues get fixed before release (typing from a machine with a Radeon HD 4670).

Comment

If you have the hardware in question...

you can bisect them too.. manually it's not that difficult. (now fixing the cause on the other hand)

I haven't been able to find any pts bisect docs.. and it doesn't appear as a module for me...

Comment

Interesting to see how some thing go through the roof performance wise but same card/chip with a different applications sees quite severe regressions. Well as long as mesa devs notice this and get the latter fixed before release it shall be fine. It is a intermediate development "release" anyway so I wouldn't build a house on it.
                    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                    X