Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexturedVideo problems

Hello.

I tried TexturedVideo today, and got really bad results. See these screenshots: no texturedvideo; texturedvideo.
    Notice the over-brightness/saturation and extreme (bad) sharpness with TexturedVideo.

Is this kind of quality drop supposed to happen? I can change the brightness, saturation and sharpness from most video players, but is there any way to make the settings permanent? (ex: loading the settings with something similar to "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap")
    I don't know if amdcccle can do this, but I'd prefer a different method, because amdcccle doesn't work for me.

What's worse is that with TexturedVideo, playing the movie uses around 40% cpu (4 times than normal, almost double than gl2).
    Last edited by Xipeos; 28 August 2007, 04:09 PM.

The answer is simple, why the second is so slow, there is just no accerlation used at all. You see that very easy when you look at the fonts. AA fonts usually show accelleration, non AA are off. Also deblocking is worse without. Btw. you can control gamma using xgamma. Changing gamma is better than changing brightness as you loose details when you just raise the brightness alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      The answer is simple, why the second is so slow, there is just no accerlation used at all. You see that very easy when you look at the fonts. AA fonts usually show accelleration, non AA are off. Also deblocking is worse without.
      Any idea why it isn't accelerated? And are you sure about the font AA? I thought that's the same over-sharpness that affects the whole picture (look at the pattern on the wall).

Btw. you can control gamma using xgamma. Changing gamma is better than changing brightness as you loose details when you just raise the brightness alone.
      I don't want to use the xgamma as it changes the whole display. The problems I mentioned are only present in the movie window (texture?).

Comment

When you don't want to use xgamma then use the controls WITHIN the player. I see no "texture" problem, just acc and not acc display. Don't expect a driver error.

Comment

wtf

When you don't want to use xgamma then use the controls WITHIN the player
          As I previously said/asked...
          Originally posted by Xipeos
          I can change the brightness, saturation and sharpness from most video players, but is there any way to make the settings permanent?
          So is there? I see no reason to change my gamma settings with xgamma, when everything displays fine except Textured Video. I'd have to do so every time I watch a movie (and every time it finishes).

I see no "texture" problem, just acc and not acc display.
          And again I have to ask, do you have any idea why TexturedVideo isn't accelerated? VideoOverlay works fine..

Don't expect a driver error.
          Re-read my first post and see that I actually wasn't expecting anything.

You're not very helpful, Kano .

Comment

The problem is that you can only have got one of those the same time. I prefer overlay support, but if you really want it:

Option "VideoOverlay" "0"
            Option "OpenGLOverlay" "1"

You never used opengl overlay so far, so your problem description is just wrong.

Comment

The problem is that you can only have got one of those the same time. I prefer overlay support, but if you really want it:

Option "VideoOverlay" "0"
              Option "OpenGLOverlay" "1"
              I already knew that, it's written in the aticonfig help. What does this have to do with my question?

You never used opengl overlay so far
              How would you know that? I actually used OpenglOverlay before. It doesn't change anything for my texturedvideo problem though.

Comment

Working...
              X