• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amdg
    replied
    help!!!

God job!
    I am an openGL newbie and need your help.
    svPerfGL (http://vis.lbl.gov/Research/svPerfGL/) is a Scientific Visualization OpenGL Graphics Benchmark using deprecated technique such as
    display list. I altered the source. After stored the vertexes, normals and colors in VBOs, I found the FPS descend from 210 (use display list)
    to 120 (did not use display list) with newest AMD catalyst. Here is the readeontop result:

1. display list

2,no display list

The two results are almost the same but differ in event engine and pf_rq_pending. I wonder what event engine and pf_rq_pending mean? By the way,
    I add cf_rq_pending, pf_rq_pending, cp_coherency_busy, cp_busy all by myself, but do not know what they stand for. Can anybody give me a hand?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TheInternetFTW
    replied
    New version works perfectly, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    I assume latest git version?

namelist can only be invalid if scandir fails, which can only happen if you have no /dev/dri directory (or permission to read it). That's rather curious.

Please test latest git, added a check for that.

Leave a comment:

• TheInternetFTW
    replied
    7790 on bus 2.
    ./radeontop -b 2 exits
    Code:
    *** Error in `./radeontop': free(): invalid size: 0x00007fffc24121e0 ***
    Aborted
    Works correctly with line 78 of detect.c commented.

Leave a comment:

• odedgabbay
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Anyone with a Bonaire, Kaveri, or Kabini, please test latest git. I have no such hw.
    Hi,
    Tested on A10-7700K (Kaveri).
    Results looking good.
    Run some OpenCL samples over HSA and the tool definitely recognizes the increased load on the GPU.

First benchmark:

Second benchmark:

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Anyone with a Bonaire, Kaveri, or Kabini, please test latest git. I have no such hw.

Leave a comment:

• ByteTraveller
    replied
    /me cheers

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Ideally we'd add a debugfs interface to expose the status registers so the app wouldn't have to mmap the MMIO bar itself.
    Please no. Debugfs is for *debug* things only. Monitoring like this is for all users, and needs to be available without CONFIG_DEBUG* in kernel.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Patches welcome. Bonaire (7790/r260) is about five generations newer than my card, so I can't exactly test anything even close.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Ideally we'd add a debugfs interface to expose the status registers so the app wouldn't have to mmap the MMIO bar itself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X