No announcement yet.

EXA Support Finally Comes To The R128 Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At work we have several old computers with R128 cards that could be used for thinclients or something like that. It's very cool!

Comment

Kudos to the dev.

Even though I don't have any r128 cards myself (my AMD stack consists of mach64 and radeon, conveniently skipping r128 ) it's nice to see one of the older drivers have some TLC.

Comment

Even though we could use forces to code everywhere I am still happy that this chip sees some love. I think if I dig deep enough I might even find a dedicated card with it.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
          Pointless waste of resources... 2000 loc for something no one uses anymore. Such a shame for this lack of focus! Instead of contributing to advancing linux they waste time implementing 14 year old drivers. Some people take pleasure in uselessness. Who the hell uses that graphics card anymore?
          Amazing, I am truly out of a reasonable explanation for this comment.
          WOW!

Comment

Do you realize that "Shut up" refers to actually someone talking, which we are not doing when writing on a forum like this one?

I am really curious how far in evolution you were left.

Comment

...shut up and stop writing useless posts
              Wise words...

Comment

Do you actually have any argument against my statement that supporting such an old graphics card is useless or you're just gonna say I'm retarded just because?
                I think Occam's razor sufices in this case.

Comment

Do you actually have any argument against my statement that supporting such an old graphics card is useless or you're just gonna say I'm retarded just because?
                  This developer chose to work on the r128 driver. If we don't accept the patch, chances are he doesn't contribute anymore. He has experience writing Rage 128 drivers - for other hardware, there are other developers. That there is a patch to r128 does not mean that other developers have less time for other drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                    This developer chose to work on the r128 driver. If we don't accept the patch, chances are he doesn't contribute anymore. He has experience writing Rage 128 drivers - for other hardware, there are other developers. That there is a patch to r128 does not mean that other developers have less time for other drivers.
                    Coding old driveres also could be a way to learn about writing GPU driveres before moving to more current models.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                      Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                      Coding old driveres also could be a way to learn about writing GPU driveres before moving to more current models.
                      Good points.

If somebody has that elderly chip still and decides to write or shape up the existing driver for it, fine! This work should be welcomed.
                      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                      X