X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 12.6 final is out

Grab them from the usual place
    Downloading them as I type...

Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.

Comment

Now I doesn't sure about R600 and R700 support. Some people can't install 12.6 (8.98) driver on R600/R700 hardware. Probably hardware support was removed from 8.98 branch as promised but AMD web-site team forgot to update download form and driver description (that probably because legacy driver is not released yet, so there is no legacy driver download page).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.
        Thought I'ld give it a try, AMD website fail again.

Code:
        (EE) No supported AMD display adapters were found
        (EE) No devices detected.

Comment

Not working on dv6 laptop with dual gpus 4200/5650 HD. The driver recognizes only the second one, and i get a black screen on boot, as usual.

Comment

removed support for C-60 CPUs :-( "Acer Aspire One 722"
            it is not only suspend not working but also unsupported hardware watermark now

Comment

Also not working on E350 and E450.
              Unsupported hardware. I think something went wrong with this release.

Comment

Everything I have seen leads me to believe that the new driver only supports the older cards on Windows (maybe Macs also), but not on Linux. I don't know why they would need to drop support for the older cards on one OS and not the other. I guess you can add this to the ever growing list of reasons why AMD Linux support sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
                  There have been some serious problems with the E350 and the fglrx driver, so perhaps they're labeling it as "unsupported" until they have fixed them. It would suprise me a lot of they would drop support for such recent hardware already.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
                    I have to agree with the previous speaker. Under my MSi X370 with E-350 comes with a watermark indicating the lack of support, but ... the sign is easy to remove.
                    For Ubuntu script should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
                    DRIVER=/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
                    for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
                    sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
                    done

These drivers, combined with an appropriate kernel and KDE 4.8.4 allows to operate almost perfectly smooth. However, it should be mentioned that are a little slower than the 12.4 in games such as Nexuiz, Xonotic declines of 1-3 frames/s However, interestingly, their work effects to the user seems smoother, P.

Yet the question of support for kernels 3.4 and 3.5 ... embarrassment here have the whole line ... just you can not build the module for these kernels. It is necessary patching sources. I have tested it under my kernel - a special version for AMD - Llano and Brazos - 3.4.4-ext73-f1-20.0-64-Brazos-ags-cfs

Greetings
                    Last edited by ext73; 29 June 2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X