No announcement yet.

Open-Source ATI Driver Gets TV-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I keep running into a problem at the autogen.sh stage. aclocal seems to be giving me a problem.

Code:
    % ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/
    Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 174.
    Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 174.
    autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
    autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
    autoreconf: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
    Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 288.
    autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
    I first received an error involving autoreconf. Turns out it was not installed on my system. I installed the package and now the above output is where I am at now.

Comment

Hi,

I've manage to patch, compile and install the driver. My xorg.conf now shows

(II) RADEON(0): Port0:
      Monitor -- AUTO
      Connector -- VGA
      DAC Type -- Primary
      TMDS Type -- None
      DDC Type -- VGA_DDC
      (II) RADEON(0): Port1:
      Monitor -- AUTO
      Connector -- DVI-I
      DAC Type -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
      TMDS Type -- Internal
      DDC Type -- DVI_DDC
      (II) RADEON(0): Port2:
      Monitor -- AUTO
      Connector -- STV
      DAC Type -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
      TMDS Type -- None
      DDC Type -- NONE

But I don't know how to setup my xorg.conf. Anyone knows how or could show me a working xorg.conf with vga and tv out working?

Comment

Configure error

I have a strange configure error:
        Code:
        checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
        checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
        checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
        checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
        ./configure: line 20150: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
        ./configure: line 20150: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'
        And honestly, I have no idea where that comes from.

My machine is a standard Fedora 7 which is up2date so the setup is comparable to the one used in the review/howto. And I have almost all xorg-x11 packages installed, the only ones missing are some drv*devel packages for drivers I do not use.

Does anyone has any idea?

Comment

Do you have xorg-x11-server-sdk?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Argh, that was to easy, I should have known that by myself. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by garv View Post
              Ok, I keep running into a problem at the autogen.sh stage. aclocal seems to be giving me a problem.

I first received an error involving autoreconf. Turns out it was not installed on my system. I installed the package and now the above output is where I am at now.
              I also had the same error, which I resolved by installing aclocal and/or automake (don't recall specifically which).
              Last edited by acetonitrile; 24 September 2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I still have another problem... following the instructions posted, after running ./autogen.sh I get the following results

Code:
                [root@localhost xf86-video-ati]# ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/
                autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
                autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
                autoreconf: running: aclocal
                autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
                autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
                autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
                autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
                autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
                src/Makefile.am:50: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
                src/Makefile.am:50:
                src/Makefile.am:50: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
                src/Makefile.am:50: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
                Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
                autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
                I'm trying to get this running for a MythTV box, running MythDora 4 (Fedora Core 6). Up to this point I've already installed git, autoconf, aclocal, and automake all using the 'yum install' command (so whatever versions have been packaged up for FC6). Am I missing something?

Comment

You might want to install libtool, or, just in case, libtool*.
                  Anyway, to avoid more of these kind of errors the best would be to do a
                  Code:
                  yum install groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"
                  This will install most of the stuff usually used for such things.

Comment

I need help with making this work

Please help me. I'm somewhat-new to Linux but really want to make my s-video out to work.
                    I'm running Fiesty Fawn 7.04 on an hp pavilion ze4200 that has ati Radeon IGP 340M. Supposedly, the fix on this page should work, however when I go into the termnal and type
                    " git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati"
                    cd xf86-video-ati
                    git checkout origin/randr-1.2"
                    I get:
                    "error: pathspec 'origin/randr-1.2' did not match any."
                    And I don't know where to find this.

Same for the second set up steps
                    When I type
                    "git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/xrandr
                    cd xrandr
                    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/"
                    I get:
                    "./autogen.sh: 9: autoreconf: not found"

Can anyone who knows what to do/ has done this, help me out?

Comment

For the first one, you no longer need to do the git checkout origin/randr-1.2 as the randr-1.2 branch was merged into the master branch. So just skip that step.

For the second one, make sure you have autoreconf/autoconf installed. Also, for Ubuntu 7.04 you will need to update to Xserver 1.3 in order to use the driver.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X