No announcement yet.

VBE Modesetting Dumps For Avivo R500 Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please find vbe dumps for an ATI X1300 Mobility (taken from an thinkpad) at the following url:

http://www.digitalself.org/~phaethon...bedump.tar.bz2

Cheers.

Comment

Code:
      01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV530 [Radeon X1600] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
              Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device 0e10
              Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 255, IRQ 20
              Memory at a0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
              I/O ports at a800 [size=256]
              Memory at ff4f0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
              Expansion ROM at ff4c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
              Capabilities: <access denied>
      my vga AGP8x is Sapphire Radeon x1600 PRO HDMI / 256MB DDR2 Core 500Mhz Memory 396Mhz
      640x480
      800x600
      1024x768
      1280x1024

Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

Comment

I have pushed code which program the TDMS like the BIOS does (at least on few dumps i did take a look at), so please if you did have any issue previously with DVI-I, laptop panel and avivo try it out.

Comment

Thanks, those updates have addressed some banding weirdness I was seeing at 32bit colour depth (on a T60/X1400).

Comment

that improved things a lot (t60 x1300 1024x768). Its almost useable. There is strange distortion (it looks like the screen is frying!.

I tried to screen capture, but the capture shows a perfect image.

below is a link to my vbe modesetting dumps - i am guessing the problem is that native res. of the laptop is 1024x768

Last edited by danielpugh; 20 August 2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Results for Mobility FireGL V5200

I have a native 1920x1200 display, however the BIOS does not seem to know that mode?!?

Download my results from here.

I put in all (8:8:8) Modes. However, when booting to single user mode vbetest keeps telling me to run it from the console?!?

So, I booted with the avivo driver (latest version from today), switched to the console and got these results.

Hope it helps, and thanx fore the nice work!

butonic

Comment

It works now! Great work!

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...1795#post11795

Comment

radeon x1950 xtx pcie dumpfiles

thx & greets

Comment

Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m, ATI X1400

Did vbetest on a Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m with an ATI X1400 in it.

Could not find a mode corresponding to the native resolution of 1680x1050, but did the others.

http://folk.uio.no/oyviste/vbetest

Regards,
                    oyvind

Comment

Hi
                      I'm running a T60 with X1400.

Trying vbetest before fglrx or X loaded the test does not work, I see no colored screen and get the same result for all resolutions:

Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

In the last line it says "To switch video modes, this program must be run from the console" though I was in console before loading fglrx or X.

When switching from X with fglrx driver to console and using the tool with my native resolution 1400x1050:

PS: The current avivio driver version (git from today) freezes my computer (first some color flicker, then black screen) so I have to hard reset.

Comment

Working...
                      X