• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

Phoronix: Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

A month ago we told you that Avivo v0.1.0 (the open-source ATI R500 X1000 Linux driver) was coming soon, but still we have not seen this release. Talking with Jerome Glisse (the main Avivo developer), the v0.1.0 release is postponed until he or another willing open-source developer fixes issues with the Radeon X1200, X1300, X1400, and X1900 to allow for properly setting the TMDS on these graphics cards.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk2NQ

• d2kx
    replied
    Did you know that Fedora 8 will have Avivo included?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    If it's a patch for the mainstream driver and not some distribution-specific bit, try submitting the patch to David Airlie -- http://www.phoronix.com/forums/member.php?u=3457 or http://airlied.livejournal.com/profile

Leave a comment:

• Songmao Tian
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Aside from like dri-devel, there isn't a dedicated one right now for the Avivo driver.

Thanks, another question, I have several patch for xserver-xorg-video-ati, where can i submit the patch?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Songmao Tian View Post
    Is there any wiki/maillist for the driver
    Aside from like dri-devel, there isn't a dedicated one right now for the Avivo driver.

Leave a comment:

• Songmao Tian
    replied
    Is there any wiki/maillist for the driver

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by mile View Post
    AIGLX is wet dream even for official fglrx driver
    Well, a wet dream with the current fglrx driver... You'll need to draw your own beliefs whether there will be AIGLX in the new driver .

Leave a comment:

• mile
    replied
    AIGLX is wet dream even for official fglrx driver

no accelerated stuff in this driver...yet

Leave a comment:

• atippett
    replied
    Originally posted by mile View Post
    Working here on nc8430 (x1600) at 1650x1080 with shadowbf.
    Ubuntu Gutsy, kernel 2.6.22-9,Xorg 1.3.0

it is working better than 8.39.4 for me...xv overlay missing, but videos play as bad as with fgrlx , so I think I will use this driver and wait for something better

keep up the good work
    Should my ati firegl mobility 5250 work with the avivo driver?

Can someone post their xorg.conf file? I tried using the avivo driver and got card not found or something.

Does this driver support AIGLX and if not what needs to be done to support it? I realize that this is a fairly new in it's development stages but whatever I need to do to help, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• mile
    replied
    Working here on nc8430 (x1600) at 1650x1080 with shadowbf.
    Ubuntu Gutsy, kernel 2.6.22-9,Xorg 1.3.0

it is working better than 8.39.4 for me...xv overlay missing, but videos play as bad as with fgrlx , so I think I will use this driver and wait for something better

keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X