Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

Phoronix: Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

A month ago we told you that Avivo v0.1.0 (the open-source ATI R500 X1000 Linux driver) was coming soon, but still we have not seen this release. Talking with Jerome Glisse (the main Avivo developer), the v0.1.0 release is postponed until he or another willing open-source developer fixes issues with the Radeon X1200, X1300, X1400, and X1900 to allow for properly setting the TMDS on these graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

huh, i'll see if i can do anything for the x1400 in a two weeks time I guess. But there's so much to learn..

I hope a large amount of people join in, maybe documenting all the current stuff, and pointing to a bunch of tutorials could help.

Comment

Getting the ball rolling again...

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Avivo R500 Linux Driver Status

Talking with Jerome Glisse (the main Avivo developer), the v0.1.0 release is postponed until he or another willing open-source developer fixes issues with the Radeon X1200, X1300, X1400, and X1900 to allow for properly setting the TMDS on these graphics cards.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk2NQ
      Fair enough, he needs information. So what kind of information can people provide? Are we talking about dumps from people who are successfully using these graphics cards with the fglrx driver and an LCD panel? I have a laptop with an embedded FireGL 5250 (R530, I believe) which sort-of-works with the fglrx. Maybe if someone could provide a script that would generate the useful information then we could get the 0.1.0 release out the door after all?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
        Fair enough, he needs information. So what kind of information can people provide? Are we talking about dumps from people who are successfully using these graphics cards with the fglrx driver and an LCD panel? I have a laptop with an embedded FireGL 5250 (R530, I believe) which sort-of-works with the fglrx. Maybe if someone could provide a script that would generate the useful information then we could get the 0.1.0 release out the door after all?
        What i need is a vbe modesetting bios dump for 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 (and for native resolution). For doing this grab http://people.freedesktop.org/~glisse/vbespy.tar.bz2 and make then ./vbetest 2> /dev/null note mode number corresponding to resoltuion 800x600 8:8:8 ... then q then
        ./vbetest -m <800600modenumber> 2> firegl5250-800x600
        ./vbetest -m <1024768modenumber> 2> firegl5250-1024x768

You should see some colored picture on screen. Once you got all dumps pack them together bzip2 and send them to me or put them somewhere on the net.

PS: You need to be root under console and it's better if X is not running and that fglrx is not loaded (in fact it's better doing them after cold boot without X being loaded so flgrx can't mess up with the card).

Comment

FireGL 5250 vbetest results

I have a 5250 firegl on a thinkpad t60p

I think I've done what you wanted. Let me know if not.

Originally posted by glisse View Post
          What i need is a vbe modesetting bios dump for 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 (and for native resolution). For doing this grab http://people.freedesktop.org/~glisse/vbespy.tar.bz2 and make then ./vbetest 2> /dev/null note mode number corresponding to resoltuion 800x600 8:8:8 ... then q then
          ./vbetest -m <800600modenumber> 2> firegl5250-800x600
          ./vbetest -m <1024768modenumber> 2> firegl5250-1024x768

You should see some colored picture on screen. Once you got all dumps pack them together bzip2 and send them to me or put them somewhere on the net.

PS: You need to be root under console and it's better if X is not running and that fglrx is not loaded (in fact it's better doing them after cold boot without X being loaded so flgrx can't mess up with the card).

Comment

Originally posted by atippett View Post
            I have a 5250 firegl on a thinkpad t60p

I think I've done what you wanted. Let me know if not.

http://files-upload.com/files/427667...e-results.tbz2
            You where not under a terminal, you can't do this through ssh or under a console in X you need to be in text mode as without X running. See message at bottom of files you supplied. If it works you should see a picture on screen until you see no pictures on screen this means this does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by glisse View Post
              You where not under a terminal, you can't do this through ssh or under a console in X you need to be in text mode as without X running. See message at bottom of files you supplied. If it works you should see a picture on screen until you see no pictures on screen this means this does not work.

OK I was able to get er done.

New files located at:

Sorry for the wait to download timer.. i guess that's a result of free? not!

Comment

Working here on nc8430 (x1600) at 1650x1080 with shadowbf.
                Ubuntu Gutsy, kernel 2.6.22-9,Xorg 1.3.0

it is working better than 8.39.4 for me...xv overlay missing, but videos play as bad as with fgrlx , so I think I will use this driver and wait for something better

keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by mile View Post
                  Working here on nc8430 (x1600) at 1650x1080 with shadowbf.
                  Ubuntu Gutsy, kernel 2.6.22-9,Xorg 1.3.0

it is working better than 8.39.4 for me...xv overlay missing, but videos play as bad as with fgrlx , so I think I will use this driver and wait for something better

keep up the good work
                  Should my ati firegl mobility 5250 work with the avivo driver?

Can someone post their xorg.conf file? I tried using the avivo driver and got card not found or something.

Does this driver support AIGLX and if not what needs to be done to support it? I realize that this is a fairly new in it's development stages but whatever I need to do to help, let me know.

Comment

AIGLX is wet dream even for official fglrx driver

no accelerated stuff in this driver...yet

Comment

Working...
                    X