Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Evergreen Gallium3D Officially Does GLSL 1.30

Phoronix: AMD Evergreen Gallium3D Officially Does GLSL 1.30

The AMD Radeon HD 5000 "Evergreen" graphics cards, which at the hardware level is capable of OpenGL 4.2 / GLSL 4.20, is finally advertising GLSL 1.30 compliance by default with the Mesa Gallium3D "R600g" driver. GLSL 1.30 is the GL Shading Language revision introduced at the time of OpenGL 3.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    openGL3 for openGL4 cards and no openGL 3 for openGL3 cards.. LOL!!!!

i just don't get it why no glsl 1.3 (openGL3) support for openGL3 cards? hs2000-hd4000 ?
    The wait kills me, too. But such small team of developers can only do so much.

Comment

The code is mostly all there, just didn't want to turn if on until someone has tested it.

will probably get to that sometime soon

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
        The code is mostly all there, just didn't want to turn if on until someone has tested it.

will probably get to that sometime soon
        No need to rush it! I prefer this way of development with thorough testing - FGLRX shows just how rushed software ends up. You all are doing great job there.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          openGL3 for openGL4 cards and no openGL 3 for openGL3 cards.. LOL!!!!

i just don't get it why no glsl 1.3 (openGL3) support for openGL3 cards? hs2000-hd4000 ?
          r600: enable glsl 1.30 on r700

Comment

You should probably file a bug about that.

Comment

The article doesn't mention the most important thing: OpenGL 3.0 is advertised by default for Evergreen GPUs (if you enable floating-point textures, which some Linux distributions do).

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
                No need to rush it! I prefer this way of development with thorough testing - FGLRX shows just how rushed software ends up. You all are doing great job there.
                Seconded.

I'd rather have something that works.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                  The article doesn't mention the most important thing: OpenGL 3.0 is advertised by default for Evergreen GPUs (if you enable floating-point textures, which some Linux distributions do).
                  Something happened recently and mine has been saying 2.1 even with today's git build. It also ignores the environment variable R600_STREAMOUT

Comment

The R600_STREAMOUT variable has been dropped for some time and now it's enabled by default if the kernel is new enough. I believe for Evergreen and newer kernel 3.4 is required.

Comment

Working...
                    X