AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Called For Inclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.
    I'm going to mostly ignore what you have written, except to say that reality has demonstrated you to be wrong. RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. They are cheap, plentiful and invulnerable to all soft-kill countermeasures. Also, a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems). The mounted cannon has a low ROF, muzzle velocity and limited traverse for the role of anti-RPG.

Comment

"RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. "

LOL and because of this no one buys a guided "stringer" rockets right? LOL..

"a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems)."

maybe my multiple argument is to complex because this part of the argument is not about "current systems"
      it is possible to shot down a SAM with an helicopter but only for "Robotic-Helicopters" because of the reaction time the KI need to overrule the human"gunner" to shot down the SAM.

"The mounted cannon has a low ROF"

This is not a problem because the SAM do have the cannon as a target this means the vector of the rocket is straight to the gun. In this case you can shot down a SAM with a 9mm hand gun with a single bulled. M230 chain gun do have 625 rpm you really don't need more. (if the target vector is straight to the gun)
      and the JakB-12,7 (Mi-24) do have 5000 rpm this means you can simple switch the "gun" to have a higher RPM rate.
      but in fact this is not the problem the problem is : robotic flying with a human gunner you can never shot down a SAM.

in fact: modern (near future) helicopters do have a SAM hard kill system with the "mounted cannon".
      I'm not going to argue with you, as you cherry pick and misrepresent facts. I still contend due to reasons discussed earlier that helicopter cannon, such as the GIAT 30mm, RMK-30, M230 are unsuitable for anti-missile work, except by destroying launch and sensor platforms before they engage you.

Now, could we please return to regularily scheduled programming.

Comment

""senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair""

LOL this is my point ... the "others" claim you can beat a combat Helicopter with an cheap RPG rocket.

my point is: RPG range=1000m combat helicopter fighting range 2000-4000m and flying 5000m in the sky ! also helicopter=moving target and the RPG do not have any "guiding" because its not a stinger rocket.

these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.

and because of this the collateral murder wikileaks video show "murderers" because there was no threat to the helicopter crew.

only stupid people think there was a threat and the helicopter crew act in self defence.
        They make meds for this, get some.

Comment

Please keep this topic clean, it's very hard to read like this. All off-topic stuff should go to The Official Qaridarium Topic.

Now on-topic. Anyone try/benchmark this yet:

I would love to try it, but the highest llvm version Ubuntu ships with is llvm-3.0, and this requires llvm-3.1

Comment

Working...
          X