Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Hrm, while trying to put together a bug report, I narrowed it down to R600_STREAMOUT. Resetting that gave me GL 2.1 again and everything works now.

Older Mesa versions worked fine, and reported GL 3.0.

Leave a comment:

• glisse
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Jerome, you're probably right, but I'm having the same thing here (Linux 3.3 vanilla, libdrm, mesa and xf86-video-ati all from git yesterday, HD 4550). I'm running the vanilla 3.3 kernel and don't remember now whether that has tiling patches in it, so it COULD be a different bug (see also http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...356#post254356).

Any suggestions for where to start looking for problems?
    Again open bugs, attach api trace of problematic gl application, or provide a use case with open source gl application, gave GPU version and all Xorg / kernel log revealent.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Jerome, you're probably right, but I'm having the same thing here (Linux 3.3 vanilla, libdrm, mesa and xf86-video-ati all from git yesterday, HD 4550). I'm running the vanilla 3.3 kernel and don't remember now whether that has tiling patches in it, so it COULD be a different bug (see also http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...356#post254356).

Any suggestions for where to start looking for problems?

Leave a comment:

• glisse
    replied
    Originally posted by Huulivoide View Post
    Tried this with git-mesa/ddx/libdrm an 3.2.12 kernel with the kernel patches from the mailing list
    message on earlyer article. Didn't work after opengl app opens screen freezes (mouse moves)
    and dmesg starts to sprout the invalid command stream errors...
    Well you obviously have something wrong on your side, probably not using the correct kernel, or not using correct mesa ... I extensively tested all this on GPU from HD2xxx to HD6xxx so i know it works with many GL applications for a fact, if you can't even get gears or nexuiz going there is something wrong on your side.

Leave a comment:

• Huulivoide
    replied
    Tried this with git-mesa/ddx/libdrm an 3.2.12 kernel with the kernel patches from the mailing list
    message on earlyer article. Didn't work after opengl app opens screen freezes (mouse moves)
    and dmesg starts to sprout the invalid command stream errors...

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by przemoli View Post
    Maybe you can get input from radeon devs on which improvements to test out to get max performance.

Btw. what about OpenVG/OpenGL ES benchmarks? Are they possible?
    (g-truc.net called MESA best desktop OpenGL ES implementation , so it's good excuse for some benchmark right? )
    I'm not sure what he'd use for benchmarking since I can't think of any desktop software that uses OVG.

Leave a comment:

• DaemonFC
    replied
    Originally posted by glisse View Post
    1d wasn't a substantial improvement (despite maybe some degenerative case), 2d tiling is a way bigger improvement than 1d.
    When will this hit Fedora?

Right now, in Fedora 17 it says "ColorTiling2D is not a valid option".

Leave a comment:

• glisse
    replied
    Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
    How does this compare to the existing 1d tiling which is on by default in most radeons lately?

I noticed the comparison was no tiling v. 2d tiling. 1d tiling was already a substantial improvement over linear mode.
    1d wasn't a substantial improvement (despite maybe some degenerative case), 2d tiling is a way bigger improvement than 1d.

Leave a comment:

• DaemonFC
    replied
    How does this compare to the existing 1d tiling which is on by default in most radeons lately?

I noticed the comparison was no tiling v. 2d tiling. 1d tiling was already a substantial improvement over linear mode.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by glisse View Post
    Then please open bug and assign them to me.
    Maybe if you will let him place some ads in the bug report LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X