Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else using Free software DRI drivers with their ATI cards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else using Free software DRI drivers with their ATI cards?

Just curious to wheither or not people are using them.

Personally I have two ATI cards and I use Free software drivers for both and haven't tried the propriatory fglx drivers.

I have a Apple 12" Ibook with 1.2ghz G4 proccessor and a 9200 ATI video card. With that I use the radeon 2d and R200 DRI drivers as supplied with Debian Unstable. (Xorg 7.0 right now I believe)

My other machine with ATI card is my desktop and is a Intel Pentium-D 930 cpu with 945g motherboard. The card is a ATI x800 PCIe card (r480 I think) and I am using the r300_dri.so drivers with it. I compiled drivers from CVS for Libdrm libs, DRM kernel modules, dri X drivers, and libgl libs. All from the Mesa and DRM cvs code from a few weeks ago.

• Michael
    replied
    http://free3d.org/

Leave a comment:

• colo
    replied
    What's this Free3D-Site being talked about, and where can I find it? Google doesn't come up with anything profound...

Leave a comment:

• Fragadelic
    replied
    Somebody did and it is top dog now - lol. Over 5400 FPS.

I finally got my 6600gt working in my system so the 9200 is back on the shelf for now. Still POSTs slow but working great otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Fragadelic View Post
    Michael,

Was it you that posted the X800GTO score on Free3d?
    Nope, it wasn't me.

Leave a comment:

• Fragadelic
    replied
    Michael,

Was it you that posted the X800GTO score on Free3d?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Moved GPU discussion regarding article to: http://phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476

So this thread won't go off-topic.

Leave a comment:

• Fragadelic
    replied
    Good review.

Is there any way of putting all your results in a table of sorts? That way we could compare all the cards you have reviewed in one place. I think a nice little spreadsheet with card name and the various frame rates would be awesome. A kind of one-stop shop for comparing the cards performance under linux. Just an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I didn't see the 1650 listed among the list of supported chips on teh ATI website so maybe in the next release.
    The list on their website isn't very complete. The real way to find out the supported cards is by having them listed in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Excellent!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon Phoronix. This is to the linux world what Tom's Hardware is to the windows world.

Keep up the good work!

I usually stay behind the curve on all hardware so the 1600pro or even the 1650pro which doesn't appear to have official fglrx support either would most likely be what I end up with.
    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=8127 -- It demonstrates the performance of the X1950PRO 256MB as well as comparing it to the X1300PRO 256MB, X1800XL, and X1800XT.

Leave a comment:

• Fragadelic
    replied
    I didn't see the 1650 listed among the list of supported chips on teh ATI website so maybe in the next release.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X