• Show
Clear All

Kudos to both Michael and Marek.

Comment

Compiling it now...

Originally posted by marek View Post
      chrisr, it is reverted in this branch, which I will push soon:
      git://people.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa radeon-perf-fix
      It fixes the performance regression in Nexuiz and hopefully even the bug you reported.
      Thanks, Marek. This bug affects both R600 and R300 and so I'm really hoping that it will be fixed before Mesa 7.12 is released.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
        chrisr, it is reverted in this branch, which I will push soon:
        git://people.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa radeon-perf-fix
        It fixes the performance regression in Nexuiz and hopefully even the bug you reported.

Sidicas, the performance improvement is unrelated to the regression in r300g. The regression is caused by a commit that's merely a cleanup.

Michael, thanks for doing this. The commit "winsys/radeon: move GEM domains out of the drivers into winsys" will be reverted, fixing Nexuiz.
        The commit "r300g: implement fences using dummy relocations" won't be reverted. It properly implements glFinish(), which is used by openarena to eliminate the input lag. It's important for playability of the game.
        Unfortunately 93f4e3cb6c1ca303ee1f5c2a2491a8eff33f2633 regress 0 A.D.: fps go from ~30 to ~20.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Unfortunately 93f4e3cb6c1ca303ee1f5c2a2491a8eff33f2633 regress 0 A.D.: fps go from ~30 to ~20.
          Forgeot to add that I am using kernel 2.6.39.3 and my card info:
          Code:
          r300: DRM version: 2.9.0, Name: ATI RV530, ID: 0x71c5, GB: 1, Z: 2
          r300: GART size: 509 MB, VRAM size: 256 MB
          r300: AA compression RAM: YES, Z compression RAM: YES, HiZ RAM: YES

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            In that case, why don't you test whether the first commit, which it partially reverted, improved 0 A.D. performance?

Offtopic: If only my HD3200 worked with mesa trunk... bug 43405: Evergreen support broke it
            --there's a fix, but noone's tested on Evergreen. (guess I'll test if git head works on HD3200 later today, though there's very little chance of it).

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
              Offtopic: If only my HD3200 worked with mesa trunk... bug 43405: Evergreen support broke it--there's a fix, but noone's tested on Evergreen. (guess I'll test if git head works on HD3200 later today, though there's very little chance of it).
              Nope. Still snow.
              With the patch it works nicely, though.

Comment

Working...
              X