• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Try this :

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/r...x86.x86_64.run

I haven't had a chance to test it myself and the KB page is still WIP, but it should include support for HD 7970.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by thammi View Post
    There is no support for the HD 7970 in the closed source drivers until today. Please update this article as it is one of the first hits on a web search.

It actually made me buy the card as an early adapter and might save others some money if it would be corrected.
    Why Im not suprised?!

I won?t be calling names on you though, it is not your fault.

But, seriously, when nvidia rolled out their 2xx series (210-240) support was .. absent, for at least two months

Leave a comment:

• thammi
    replied
    There is no support for the HD 7970 in the closed source drivers until today. Please update this article as it is one of the first hits on a web search.

It actually made me buy the card as an early adapter and might save others some money if it would be corrected.

Leave a comment:

• gpuhackr
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    With the official push as an "equal co-processor" it becomes possible and in some cases desirable to run something entirely (or almost entirely) there.

This is compute though, not graphics.
    I'm trying to do something similar and can't wait for the HD7xxx ISA manual in particular. I'll try and get the source out as ASAP but I actually have code *running* on the card itself using the UVD microprocessor (a Tensilica Xtensa); although it's only an HD2400 - see the link below. Sorry if slightly off-topic (probably more relevant on an electronics forum).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7392387...57628794295861

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Alex pushed the memory management (VM) patches to the dri-devel list last night.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by sylware View Post
    News? Anytime soon?
    Next on the list should be the memory management code I mentioned a couple of pages ago. That is highest priority because it's kind of invasive so it needs to go in around a merge window. Once that code is upstream the remaining bits are much more specific to GCN chips.

Earliest for the next drop would be first week of Jan; that's when people start coming back from vacations and reading their emails again.

Leave a comment:

• sylware
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
    bridgman already answered that question in another thread. Not so much information with the level of detail required for driver development is released.
    Also since several programmers already work on free linux drivers full time, I don't think it can get done that much faster.
    Well since now HD 7970 is out, we can expect specs/code very soon, the time to tidy all the things up I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Wilfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Dolly8663
    Graphic card information and programming are revealed six months prior to launch, according to anandtech. Does than mean, that we could already be having working opensource driver? Why it is not the fact?

bridgman already answered that question in another thread. Not so much information with the level of detail required for driver development is released.
    Also since several programmers already work on free linux drivers full time, I don't think it can get done that much faster.

Leave a comment:

• sylware
    replied
    code/specs?

News?
    Anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Frankly, I don't know why GPU shader program would have to do memory allocation. As I understand it, it can do memory address calculations(indexing, v-tables, etc.) with in memory allocated from the driver. SI will just assure that you don't address outside this dedicated region.
    With the official push as an "equal co-processor" it becomes possible and in some cases desirable to run something entirely (or almost entirely) there.

This is compute though, not graphics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X