Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Evergreen HDMI Audio Code Is Still M.I.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincenzov
    replied
    Hi

radeon 5450 dual screen 1920 x 1080 crt+ hdmi , audio works
    radeon 5450 only hdmi, audio and video slowed.
    Kernel 3.3.0-rc5, klbuntu 11.10 64bit. driver oibaf.
    Last edited by Vincenzov; 26 February 2012, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vincenzov
    replied
    Hi, kernel 3.3-rc2 hdmi audio work very good, (radeon 5450).
    Bye

Leave a comment:

• Zajec
    replied
    Originally posted by sgcb View Post
    If/when this new code sees the light of day, will it also fix the blank screen/no signal issue that is seen on some monitors with hdmi audio on <= hd 4xxx? We just got a led-lcd and whenever radeon.audio=1, no signal seems to be recognized by the monitor, but on our regular lcd, everything works swimmingly.
    Wow, thanks for this info! I was always sure it's card specific that sometime HDMI mode doesn't work!
    sgcb: I'll contact you privately, let's try to fix that

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    no sorry. you have to wait for the official amd solution
    Oh, thanks for enlighting me about my development.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    i think the official amd opensource HDMi support will be released in February 2012.
    Any news about UVD?

Leave a comment:

• HokTar
    replied
    i think the official amd opensource HDMi support will be released in February 2012.
    Wow. Maybe another "Q already knows what bridgman doesn't" situation?
    We will see...

Leave a comment:

• sgcb
    replied
    Dang it, have there been any developments since october [link]? How far along is the fixed code compared to the new code for evergreen+?

Leave a comment:

• sgcb
    replied
    If/when this new code sees the light of day, will it also fix the blank screen/no signal issue that is seen on some monitors with hdmi audio on <= hd 4xxx? We just got a led-lcd and whenever radeon.audio=1, no signal seems to be recognized by the monitor, but on our regular lcd, everything works swimmingly.

Leave a comment:

• DaemonFC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kjella View Post
    Windows Embedded Compact, nobody is going to replace FGLRX on any normal consumer version of Windows. And for what it's worth FGLRX works just fine *on Windows*, complain all you want about how it works under Linux but almost all those issues are platform specific from trying to hack it to run on top of or instead of X11.
    Everyone else seems to make drivers that work fine under X11 but AMD with FGLRX.

FGLRX is the name of the Linux display driver, the Windows one has been called Catalyst for as long as I can recall. Catalyst Linux is just a rebranding of their same old shit.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Hm, would you like a list of issues I've seen on Catalyst for Windows?

Leave a comment:

• Kjella
    replied
    Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
    Item 2: Of course AMD isn't doing this because it's right. They're doing it because FGLRX is an unholy mess and they want free labor to make a driver they can port to Windows.
    Windows Embedded Compact, nobody is going to replace FGLRX on any normal consumer version of Windows. And for what it's worth FGLRX works just fine *on Windows*, complain all you want about how it works under Linux but almost all those issues are platform specific from trying to hack it to run on top of or instead of X11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X