• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t.s.
    replied
    PITA

What.A.Pain.In.The.Ass...

Lately there seems everything gone wrong in linux world. This work, but that didn't work. Those works but not this, etc..etc..
    # kde using much more memory now, more crashing. (Debian 64bit testing KDE 4.6.5 with 6xxMB startup mem).
    # AMD catalyst driver worsening (well, it's never good to begin with, haha)..
    # gnome 3
    # unity
    # etc..etc..

VGA: I don't know hows the situation at the green [graphic card] side now. Is there brighter or darker? If this card die on me, I can see that my next will be from green side. Until of course, the red side can provide working (I mean really-really working like good video out, opengl 2/3/4, etc) driver. open source one preferred.

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    well Maya,3dmax and Catia don't run well then its the fault from 3dmax and CATIA.

the people should just quit in using this shit and they should start using "Blender"
    CATIA is not in the same category as 3DS/Blender. The only shared facet is that CATIA works with three-dimensional models. The similarities in use and functionality end there.

While your opinion regarding Maya/3DS may be valid, your lack of social grace hinders the message that you're trying to deliver. In fact, it probably has an adverse effect on the promotion of F/OSS software as a viable alternative to encumbered offerings.

Leave a comment:

• Milos_SD
    replied
    Originally posted by paproch View Post
    @Milos_SD
    Try to install newer ver xorg-server 1.11.x and meta package xorg-x11 with dependency.
    I tried that, same problem. I talked with Alberto Milone on freenode, and he sad that he will look into it. He didn't updated scripts for PowerXpress alternatives to work with multilib. He thinks, maybe that is the the problem here. Let's wait for him to fix that, and upload new packages and see if that will fix this problem I'm having.

Leave a comment:

• paproch
    replied
    @Kano
    Originally posted by paproch View Post
    Smplayer default set is xv and I used other options and result was the same.I'll try to use mplayer command line today evening.
    This is xv issue.

@Milos_SD
    Try to install newer ver xorg-server 1.11.x and meta package xorg-x11 with dependency.
    Last edited by paproch; 17 November 2011, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paproch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @paproch

was it a xv only problem or did it crash with gl output as well?
    Smplayer default set is xv and I used other options and result was the same.I'll try to use mplayer command line today evening.

Leave a comment:

• Milos_SD
    replied
    I need a little help getting this or any other FGLRX driver to work on my system.
    HP ProBook 4530s with Intel Sandy Bridge + ATI HD6490 card
    Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    Problem is that, after I install drivers and do "aticonfig --initial -f" and reboot, Xserver is not starting (segfault). Here is Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/hsnCw47g

This setup worked good on pre-installed OEM SLED 11, but it doesn't work on Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• t.s.
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I'm looking for a top notch desktop experience (tear-free and lag-free compositing), watching videos, and playing 3D games in Wine as well as native Linux ones. Which driver do I choose? I can't run both at the same time, obviously.
    Mister, you go to wrong place. Instead, go to thread with the writing "nVidia" on it
    /s

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Simple - the two drivers are focusing on different users and prioritizing different requirements. If you're a 3D workstation user the open source drivers probably don't do what you want, but Catalyst probably does. If you're looking for smooth integration with upstream development, the open source drivers are probably what you want.
    I'm looking for a top notch desktop experience (tear-free and lag-free compositing), watching videos, and playing 3D games in Wine as well as native Linux ones. Which driver do I choose? I can't run both at the same time, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @paproch

was it a xv only problem or did it crash with gl output as well?

Leave a comment:

• mweiss38
    replied
    works with HD 5650

on the positive side:
    this release is the first one since 11.4 that works with my HD 5650 (Acer Aspire Laptop)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X