AMD Catalyst 11.10 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nazgul77 View Post
    You are right, you need to go to their north American website to go to that link.
    I guess we are really just hours away from a new release. Lets hop kernel 3.1 and Xorg 1.11 are supported.
    Below is the right link. Seems it was a typo

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/at...x86.x86_64.run

Comment

11.11 has been released

The build succeeded on fedora 16, lets reboot

Comment

I hadn't tried it yet as I was waiting on the release notes.... But if it is building that is a good sign.... I'll give it a shot on mine.

Comment

I'm using it right now on Gentoo with Xorg-server 1.11, seems to be great.

Comment

Fedora 15 64 bit Gnome Version 3.0.1,X.Org X Server 1.10.1

Will the Catalyst 11.11 Works with Fedora 15 Gnome Version 3 ?
            Anybody out there with success?
            My Card is Radeon HD 3870.

Comment

Which Version of Fedora 16 u r Using

Originally posted by nazgul77 View Post
              11.11 has been released

The build succeeded on fedora 16, lets reboot
              Which Version of Fedora 16 u r Using(Gnome or any Other)?
              Cause I've heard F15 or F16 with Gnome 3 Doesn't Work with Catalyst 11.11.

Comment

Catalyst 11.11 drivers Working with Fedora 16 KDE

First you must download the package available here. http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/at...x86.x86_64.run . You have to download the updates with the command:

# yum upgrade

Although one of the updates are installing a new kernel you have to reboot the computer and Entert Fedora Verne KDE with the new kernel.

After this update you should install the kernel headers and the GCC compiler:

# yum install gcc kernel-headers kernel-devel

At this point you must exit the graphics mode with this command:

# init 3

From here, log in as root with the command cd to the directory where you downloaded the drivers and run the command:

# bash ./ati-driver-installer-11-11-x86.x86_64.run

Follow the onscreen instructions and restart the computer at the end with the command:

# reboot

When you restart you can finally enjoy 3D acceleration!

Check your Graphics working with these commands :
                fgl_glxgears
                fglrxinfo

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by symcracker View Post
                  Will the Catalyst 11.11 Works with Fedora 15 Gnome Version 3 ?
                  Anybody out there with success?
                  My Card is Radeon HD 3870.
                  No it will not unless you switch from Gnome to KDE and if you switch to KDE i would recommend to use the 11.10 catalyst which runs very smoothly. The 11.11 catalyst is performing worse.

Comment

Originally posted by symcracker View Post
                    Cause I've heard F15 or F16 with Gnome 3 Doesn't Work with Catalyst 11.11.
                    Catalyst 11.11 is basically working with F16 and Gnome3.
                    There are no severe graphics corruptions. But it is not a smooth experience. Display
                    in general is a bit choppy (it is fine for the fallback mode and for the XFCE desktop, tough).
                    Sometimes there is graphics corruption in the overview mode for the background.

Occasionally gnome-shell crashes (I do not know the root cause), but the X server
                    and fglrx never crashed for me since the day of the 11.11 release.

Comment

Suspend working/failing seems to be more often a matter of BIOS than anything else. My cousin has a nVIDIA gpu that is supposed to be all roses according to what you read around these forums and it doesn't suspend/hibernate, not even in Windows. My AMD system with HD4200 IGP suspends/hibernates all the time perfectly using FGLRX and Radeon OSS drivers.

What I'm trying to say is that if your system doesn't suspend properly, it probably never will.

Comment

Working...
                      X