AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alphacrucis2 View Post
    I don't know what has caused this problem but I always purge the old fglrx before running the --buildpkg and always run sudo aticonfig --initial after install of the debs but before rebooting.

Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge remove fglrx*

Don't know if these steps are really necessary but I carry on with it out of superstition and it seems to work for me.
    haha, yeah I always do the same sort of superstitious steps as well, but for some reason my system is screwed, the module doesn't seem to be loading at all, as I cant load or unload fglrx in a vt. I wonder whether upgrading to 11.10, instead of reinstalling is responsible for this

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Disable sync to Vblank until this bug is fixed in an upcoming Compiz update.
      Did that, still sluggish animations

Comment

Originally posted by bel3atar View Post
        Installed it on Unity: sluggish compiz animations...
        Most likely the well known Compiz+FGLRX vsync problem. It'll be fixed in Compiz eventually. Until then, you can work around it by setting vsync to off in Compiz Config Settings Manager. (You will need to install that though)

Edit: I posted this before the post above this. Disregard.

Comment

For those using aticonfig/amdconfig, you can probably just stop it. Catalyst/FGLRX works fine without a xorg.conf since sometime last year in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
            For those using aticonfig/amdconfig, you can probably just stop it. Catalyst/FGLRX works fine without a xorg.conf since sometime last year in most cases.
            Maybe, but if aticonfig isn't found and the kernel module is missing like these people are reporting, it indicates a deeper problem: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu....22_after_boot

Comment

I tried installing using both the graphic installer and by generating packages. Both said they were successful, but left me stuck in Unity 2d. I had to remove them and go back to the 11.8 driver. Hopefully this gets added to repo soon and works. I'd really like to try it and see if there is better 2D performance on my Asus 1215b with the E-350 processor.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                Maybe, but if aticonfig isn't found and the kernel module is missing like these people are reporting, it indicates a deeper problem: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu....22_after_boot
                not that I can tell, a few people pointed to this, but none of the things there seem to me the issue.
                I actually just found that if I go into /lib/modules/yourkernelhere/updates/dkms/ and then sudo insmod ./fglrx.ko then I was able to get it to properly load.....I'm guessing this wont keep it loading every reboot, any ideas as to why its not loading automatically?
                Last edited by chronniff; 31 October 2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Impossible install it on ubuntu 11.10 x64 frist i made a deb packs and it installs but no opengl only 2d driver in ccc. Then i removed all and installed it another way but it failed too with hung before login screen and then i batteled remove all and use 11.8, but 11.10 catalyst no go.

How do you guys remove, purge and install it. i used this http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide
                  i used linux only 20 days.
                  Last edited by Margus; 01 November 2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Disabled VBlank thing needs reboot, now it works well.
                    But I'm experiening a shutdown problem now: the computer freezes on plymouth and I have to hard shutdown it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      In my experience, the kernel module is actually there, and amdconfig spits out this error, which is totally bogus.

amdconfig's only purpose is to generate a xorg.conf, which is unnecessary most of the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X