X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Killing R200? This mean running Linux on my old Macs is now fucked? No more support for the Radeon 7500 AGP and 9200m GPUs? Yeah these GPUs sucked for 3D since even OpenArena ran dog ass slow, but they did well with making video watchable depending on format without bringing the CPU to it's knees and thus grind the machine to a halt...
    no they fix the galium3D +KMS driver to run well with the r200.

they do this in that way: they emulate some openGL exstansions in the cpu to lift up the r200 to an r300 feature set.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Killing R200? This mean running Linux on my old Macs is now fucked? No more support for the Radeon 7500 AGP and 9200m GPUs? Yeah these GPUs sucked for 3D since even OpenArena ran dog ass slow, but they did well with making video watchable depending on format without bringing the CPU to it's knees and thus grind the machine to a halt...

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    They were cut due to maintaince burden.
    No one prevents Solaris & BSD to port the G drivers.
    No one support C drivers, so they are cut upstream.
    There would be no upstream changes anyway. There is no damage for Solaris & BSD.

I wonder WHEN intel goes gallium..

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I feel bad for BSD but I could care less about solaris. Solaris to me was completely pointless - the only advantage (I'm aware of) was it's SPARC compatibility, which isn't that much of an advantage considering linux is SPARC friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Drago
    replied
    I am glad. F*ck solaris, f*ck bsd! These are server OS, so they doesn't need 3D drivers at all. If one wants free open-source unix like desktop OS, the choice is simple -> Linux.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X