Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debian / radeon oss driver / wine

hi all,

I've switch to oss driver to test how it works now with games in wine. I've read that some people succeeded in running wine correctly.

I'm running debian x86_64 testing/unstable with mesa 7.11. I use playonlinux to manage wine versions.

When I simply run an application through playonlinux, with debugging info from wine, I can see it does not find the 32 bits version of libGL.
    Setting LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib32/dri fix the problem, but it seems that these files are obsoletes (wine debug info says they are from mesa 7.7 !! )

Is that a debian packaging bug ? or what did I missed ?

regards,
    JV

That's not a driver / mesa problem, but a problem with packaging or installation. To get meaningful results, you need to keep your 32 bit mesa installation up to date, too. I can't tell you how to do that on debian, though.

I've found that a surprising amount of games is working with radeon G3D + wine, but there are still some annoying rendering problems in some of my favourite games.

Comment

I'm having this same issue, and I am currently working to find a solution.

The issue has to do with the change to multiarch. Instead of relying on the ia32-libs package as we have in the past, we now need to install the i386 version of the packages that we want. This appears to be a much cleaner solution, but there is obvious breakage. The wine packages are going to need to be changed to rely on multiarch instead of ia32-libs, as it sounds like the package is about to disappear.

This wiki page seems to be a good place to start from:
      https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelo..._before_Beta-1

Comment

If you have multiarch enabled on your box, try:

sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libc6:i386

This was able to get me past the first problem, and onto the next..

Comment

Unfortunately debian does not support multiarch, you have to compile a custom version of dpkg.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

thx for the explanations.

I've also noticed that multiarch is not (yet) available.
            Is seems it is one of the big new stuffs expected for debian 7.0.

As I am running some mix of testing / unstable (for Xorg + Gnome 3.x), I should get it soon.

Comment

Working...
            X