How to enable hyper-z on R500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i think openarena is the only app with perfect rendering and hyperz enabled... try it with unigine haven! and the floading point texture stuff enabled.
    My experience was the opposite, HiZ seems to work pretty well in most games, but there are a few notable exceptions, which I guess is the reason why it never has been enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      This plus texture tiling and 2d colour tiling would make a huge impact on r600+ cards. We'd be really close to Catalyst.
      Isn't the lack of optimisations in the shader compiler another big bottleneck?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        Isn't the lack of optimisations in the shader compiler another big bottleneck?
        It's possible, but the three things I mentioned are major performance boosts which alone might get us from ~60% to pretty damn close to Catalyst.

Comment

Call for testing for HyperZ on R600g: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36602

Edit: please change status to wip http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
          Last edited by darkbasic; 19 July 2011, 05:16 PM.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Anyone can edit RadeonFeature, registering is open.

Comment

Agreed, I get artifacts with HyperZ and WoW too.

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              i think openarena is the only app with perfect rendering and hyperz enabled... try it with unigine haven! and the floading point texture stuff enabled.
              I need to disable HiZ to remove artifacts: RADEON_DEBUG=nohiz. This is with my M66GL (RV535?).

Comment

Working...
              X