multiple cards (R500+R800)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple cards (R500+R800)

Hi, can someone please post a xorg.conf snip which I can use to switch from the X1950XTX to the HD5870? I'd like to keep both plugged to be able to test both drivers without having to replace the card.

Thank you
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Code:
    Section "Device"
      Identifier "Default Device"
      BusID "PCI:3:0:0"
      Driver "radeon"
    EndSection
    either change the BusID to the one you need or use both at the same time. Example config:

(you have to change BusID and ZaphodHead options according to your cards)

In order to get 3D acceleration you have to turn off Xinerama. With Xinerama enabled you can move windows from a screen on the r500 to a screen of the r800 and vice-versa (but it's not accelerated anymore).

Comment

Thanks, what's zapodhead for? I have only one monitor...

Edit: or did you mean I can use both simultaneously? O_O
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Edit: or did you mean I can use both simultaneously? O_O
        That's what I meant. ZaphodHeads is used to identify which monitor is controlled by the device section. With this you can make a tripple head (or any number of heads) config (like in the example). There are 2 cards (card0 and card1) and 3 heads (DVI-0 and HDMI-0 on card0 and HDMI-0 on card1). The different heads get different "Device" sections (card0a, card0b and card1a). Each device section can be added to a "Screen" section and in the "ServerLayout" section you specify how they are arranged. Here: DVI-0 of card0 is the most left, HDMI-0 of card0 is the center and HDMI-0 of card1 is right of the center.

Comment

Working...
        X