Screen corruption on Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen corruption on Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

I'm getting some weird corruption on the screen in openSUSE 11.4 or Ubuntu Natty and wondered if anyone has seen this or could offer some suggestions. My config: Athlon XP 2400+, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (R350NH), 1GB RAM, fresh install of either OS. It manifests as evenly spaced columns of discolored pixels, which change as different windows are drawn on the screen. At first I tried compiling the latest radeon drivers from git, but that didn't help. I've also tried nomodeset, x11failsafe, turning off desktop effects, turning off dri/dri2, and nothing seems to help. The corruption appears even if I switch to the vesa driver or fbdev. Any suggestions? This has got me stumped.

lspci
    dmesg
    Xorg.0.log

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seeing those with vesa too would point to the hw. If you want to be sure, you could see if Windows has those too.

Comment

Yeah, I think it is hardware after all. At first, Windows looked fine but after a while I started getting the same thing at the login screen and while playing games... the fan is spinning and the card doesn't seem to be overheating, so my best guess at this point is the memory is probably failing. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X