Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alazar
    replied
    Just tried today with Ubuntu 11.04, result: slow as hell.

Leave a comment:

• xpander
    replied
    where can i find the full changelog? (on their homepage "release notes" points to old 11.3 installation pdf)
    and what was "one wine bug fix included"?

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by hornedfiend View Post
    11.4 doesn't work for me with gnome 3. Neither do the Gallium drivers (system info shows Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe).
    How do I use the correct drivers in Fedora 15, so that I can use the gnome-shell?
    I don't think llvmpipe and the other software renderers support texture-from-pixmap which all the 3d desktops require. Try using a hardware driver like r600g.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    gnome shell worked with r600g for me (on fedora 15 beta)

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
    hm no, I'm probably wrong there. Just found two short reports of users where it works with proprietary NVIDIA drivers.
    I can report that the Nv blob works fine with Gnome Shell for me on my GF 9400M (macbook). The Unity interface in Ubuntu 11.04 works correctly on r600c (assuming that's the default in natty instead of r600g for my 4770). I'll try gnome-shell on the r600 when I get home.

I haven't really played with catalyst in a while, so no reports from me for that.

I'd also be able to mention how r300g works on natty under unity/gnome-shell, but my older laptop threw a kernel panic half-way through the natty upgrade and I'm in the middle of a re-install from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• _txf_
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhick View Post
    I think Ill give the powerxpress-stuff a try when I get home. Would be pretty sweet if it worked, you'd have a stable Intel-driver for everyday-stuff and fglrx for demanding games. I don't have much hope though.
    Demanding linux games where?

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    I think Ill give the powerxpress-stuff a try when I get home. Would be pretty sweet if it worked, you'd have a stable Intel-driver for everyday-stuff and fglrx for demanding games. I don't have much hope though.

Leave a comment:

• hornedfiend
    replied
    It's mobility radeon 3470.

Leave a comment:

• whitecat
    replied
    Originally posted by hornedfiend View Post
    11.4 doesn't work for me with gnome 3. Neither do the Gallium drivers (system info shows Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe).
    How do I use the correct drivers in Fedora 15, so that I can use the gnome-shell?
    What is your GPU ?

Leave a comment:

• slojam
    replied
    ne1,

Post download md5 or sha1 checksum please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X