Not all Unhappy campers on ati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    the only real point against winxp 64bit is the copyprotection problem a starforce 32bit ide driver can not run on an 64bit is.

meany you are lost if you wana play a winXP game because all windows XP games are broken by design by copyprotection on 64bit.
    Never had a problem here. (Granted I'm not a huge gamer and when I do buy a game I usually use the crack anyways). That being said those older starforce games have an issue on any version of 64 bit windows.

Comment

sure this problem only hit you if you don't use the warez cacket downloadet hacket version.... sure you also can buy the game and put it into an box and newer touch it and then go download the good warez hacket version .. sure this hacket version run on x64... LOL

o yes starforce DRM/copyprotection is our frend.
      Na I usually use the original install media, I just download or crack the exe myself.

Comment

what if the installer do have a copyprotection like Oblivion 1,2 Goty dvd edition ?
        then you can'T install means you can't put your crack into your installation.

ok you are the master of univers you decompress the stuff and install it by hand
        What? Almost all cracks are installed post installation.

Comment

To come back to the (off topic) start of this from Page 1 or so.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          You need to install the win agp driver for your board, otherwise ati drivers will never work.
          I had to revert to windows again for an hour. I tried this, trawled my hoard of cdroms, and found
          1. The original Asrock m/b disk (labelled amd-sis as19g) with driver dates around 2002
          This offered such useful items as directX-6.1, & Adobe Acrobat-5.0 :-/.
          2. The Asus disk for the offending hd4650 video card (2007, with 2009 stuff onboard also).

Installing first the agp driver, and second the video driver, Everything worked like a charm, and survives a reboot. No messing with .inf files. Windows did complain that the video driver wasn't kosher, but I gave that the middle finger. I conclude I have the hotfix version. That leads to the conclusion that the agp driver sent out in XP is the issue. The agp drivers I located are for win98, 2000, ME, & XP, and dated 2002 for the SiS 741/963.

HD Audio never came up, but who gives an <expletive deleted>? I have nothing connected to it.

Comment

XP 32 bit should not be a problem with sis. With 32 bit you could even try w7. There was a v driver for it too...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              XP 32 bit should not be a problem with sis. With 32 bit you could even try w7. There was a v driver for it too...
              This was all for one labview project because they don't have enough pcs in university where I have returned. Linux has this lovely command - shred, which I am reserving that hd for :-D.

To a more relevant topic: I have a son with a masters in music media technology on top of a bsce going on the worldwide job market. His thing is coding: C, C++, OpenGL, directx, flash, etc. and his project was totally graphics (Up on youtube, I think). Where might he send his CV?

Comment

Working...
              X